Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So check this out... Last night on the way into my neighborhood there was a guy who was in the right lane of the left turn lanes... He has one of the new black chargers with the Hemi (obviously the hemi cause of dual exhaust plus the hemi on the side)... Anyways, he then cuts in front of me (no signal) and goes into the turn lane to head towards my neighborhood. He was in the left of the two lanes, and the right turn lane (that still turns left) ends about 1/2 mile up... Anyways, I thought well this guy should smoke me but I would like to see it go so lets do it. I kick my car into neutral and rev her up a little (I have an auto) which sounds like crap since it is fuel injected. Anyways, the light turns green and he punches it so I do too. He beat me off the line, but I don't know if it was just he couldn't handle the consistent right curve that the road has at the MPH we were going, but I beat him cause I got in his lane after passing him... It was only about to 90 MPH but my tC held on like nothing else, but I know he was trying cause I could hear his car really easily (nice exhaust for a family car)... Anyways, I thought it was cool, and my Sway bar, and strut bar, mixed with the lowering springs, helped my car be able to take the curve at up to 90 MPH, and still had some speed left to go if I needed to, but I was ahead so why not get over?

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
There are three engine that come with the new Dodge Charger:

- The 3.5-liter V6 engine
Power: 250 horsepower at 6,400 rpm
Torque: 250 lb-ft at 3,800 rpm

- 5.7-liter HEMI V8
Power: 340 horsepower at 5,000 rpm (350 on R/T and R/T with Road/Track Performance Group)
Torque: 390 lb-ft at 4,000 rpm

- 6.1-liter HEMI V8
Power: 425 horsepower at 6,000 rpm
Torque: 420 lb-ft at 4,800 rpm

You're telling me that a 160hp auto tC took his (at least) 340 hp HEMI?

That car must have craptacular handling.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
cars like that usually do. Cars that big (and ugly) have a tendency to only have good straight line speed and if the tC was to be lowered and have sways i believe it could have beaten it in the turns. Good job on showing that guy his car handels like SH!t.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by jickybob@Nov 8 2005, 11:12 AM
I kick my car into neutral and rev her up a little (I have an auto)
dont neutral drop an auto.

·
Registered
113 Posts
dont neutral drop an auto.[/b]
Haha, yeah that's probably part of the reason why the tranny slips on my old '92 Civic.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
what happens if you keep neutral dropping? nice kill, What springs do you have? TRDs? I'm thinking for my next mod go with springs, or a fidanza flywheel..hmm. and waht do strut/sway bars do? screw searching im going to take a nap. goodnight.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I know for a fact he has the V8 becuase notice I said it had the big F'ing HEMI written on the drivers side fender, and it had the dual exhaust which I saw when he was ahead of me pulling up to the light... My mom owns a Dodge Magnum (which I like the chargers styling, but the magnum is ugly as S with a number 1 hit on the end)... She got the panzy 250 HP 3.5 L V6, which is a dog let me tell ya... Anyways, I just thought this was a worth while story... By the way, the sway and strut mixed with the TRD Lowering springs helped my handling by like 100 times, not that it was bad to begin with. Knowing too that the charger has ESP and wider tires, I just think the guy was too afraid to try out his car... I think it would have done fine if he would have tried it but he didnt so I win!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
its only a race if both people are trying their hardest.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's unfortunate for the machine when the operator's limits are far below the machine's capability. We've seen that many times.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
as for the handling thing, i wont be the first to say the charger handles like a sports car. and, i wont be the only one to say it most likely could have handled that corner if the driver wanted it to / knew how to make it.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Nov 8 2005, 04:13 PM
Ok, that is total crap.
You're my hero Marty.

·
Registered
895 Posts
The Dodge Charger has a weight of 4100 pounds (Damn). The car has 340 horse power. 1/4 mile time of the RT is 14.2 seconds.

·
Registered
539 Posts
lolz arguing over this race???...hehe...cool cool kiddys

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by filmnews@Nov 8 2005, 05:04 PM
The Dodge Charger has a weight of 4100 pounds (Damn). The car has 340 horse power. 1/4 mile time of the RT is 14.2 seconds.
then i want to race an charger r/t.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i work at a dodge dealership and ill say that the charger rt (5.7hemi 340hp) would stomp the shiz out of a tc in a straight line...they handle decent for a car their size but it would have nothing on a tc with springs/sways/strut bar if driven right

the srt8 (6.1 425hp) would prob have enough oomph to get ahead of u anyway tho

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
R/T thrust to weight ratio (based on factory specs) : 12.05lbs / hp

my tC (about, given factory specs and dyno sheets) : 12.6lbs / hp

i'll give it a shot.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.