Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok for thoughs of you who know forest hill rd in Auburn, you know it can be a fun twisty road with two lanes. Last night I was at the stoplight next to a new C230 who had a young kid in it who was yelling your car is cheap at me. So at the green I put it down hard and took a good lead. Now coming up quickly on the forest hill bridge I slowed down when it became one lane and averaged about 70. After the bridge I let him catch up and wanted to see what he could do on the twisties and this is where his inexperience showed. He was really trying to keep up with me hearing his tires squealing around every bend. Finally a 45mph turn that I took at around 90 I hear a squeal and a slam. I stooped to see if he was ok and he had really tore up the right side of his car on a guard rail. It was derivable but he was really shook up. At this time he said he was joking about the tC being cheap and I just nodded. Once he was ok I left but I almost felt bad like I had lured him into doing things he couldn't do.

Ps If your curious you can see the Forest hill bridge. It's in the first triple X movie. It's at the beginning where diesel launches a vette off the bridge.

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
god-damn kids and your street racing!!!!

that has to be the closest to a literal "kill" so far in the racing forum. be careful.

that being said, i wouldnt say you lured him into anything. if he didnt want to run the risk, he should have stayed within his ability. i have no sympathy for people who do things beyond their level and get burned.

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc@Sep 14 2005, 11:19 AM
Finally a 45mph turn that I took at around 90...
gotta love the 245's.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Nice kill Ryan. Take it easy on the locals, OK?

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Personally, I would think I needed to add some air...

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
The recommended pressure is not the best pressure for high speed driving. He should have added some to improve his ability to negotiate turns. Manufacturer recommendations are far from ideal for performance driving. For example, I run 36 psi front and 34 psi rear in my tC, and 37 front and 41 rear in my Supra. I've experimented with this and found them to be the best pressures for my driving.

· Registered
331 Posts
i bet his parents are gonna kick his ass for bashing up their car, or the car they bought him. u should never let ur kid drive a car they cant control.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.