Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's up guys well was just on the expy and this maxima riding my ass so i spead up. next you know hes next to me i took off and so did he well lets just say when i turned my flashers on he was at least 2 car lengths behind me

GOD I LOVE LOVE TC!!!

PEACE MIKE

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Fo' sho'!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ya I opened this thread expecting a "lost but good try" story. Let me rewrite this so that everyone knows what REALLY happened.

"Ya i was on the interstate and this maxima came up on my ass. I hit the gas thinking my car was all that cause it looks pretty, but then the maxima just went *zooP* and I stared at his taillights for the next 30 min before i got off at my exit."

That's what really happened. Race that car from a dig especially and a stock tC will get demolished. SC would make it a damn good race though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well listen you #### smokers can believe what you want but maybe he wasnt racin but at 100mph + he was struggling to keep up keep in mind it wasn't a new maxima !!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
he might be right.. 97's are ####ty as fawwk.. I dont think the maxima's even got a good overhaul until 2000... I owned both a maxima and an altima, keep in mind it was fast... but it didnt really have too much..

my brother owns a 2003 maxima v6.. 260hp with new kelly tires, things fast as FAWK!

also: the maxima might have had a gear out? hahahah

just be nice, remember karma's a mudda fugga

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by 1SiC-tC@Nov 26 2005, 05:46 PM
well listen you #### smokers can believe what you want but maybe he wasnt racin but at 100mph + he was struggling to keep up keep in mind it wasn't a new maxima !!!
Can the insults. Maybe at 100 mph he had more sense than you and let off the gas? There is NO way you smoked a Maxima.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
That would have to be one tired Maxima. Kinda like beating a Supra with a massive boost leak. It happens occasionally, but not typically twice.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hmm..

My friend at work has a Maxima, I think hers is a 96. She's driven me around a few times and gotten into it, and from what I could tell, our tC has more pep. Her's is a 5spd 6cyl. It really didn't feel as fast as the tC. But hey, whatever. I'm not claiming anything here. I've hinted if she'd like to race sometime on a dead street near where we work, and she just laughs. She's getting a tiburon in the spring.. I should ask her again before she does, lol.

See, it's stuff like this that makes me mad though. No way should a bloaty 4dr ugly looking nissan be faster than our car. Our car should be stock at least as fast as an RSX-S. But oh no, you only get that if you want to shell out an extra $3200++. Whatever.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Dude you gotta remember that the tC is 16k. 16k, that's it. A new nissan maxima costs like at least 25k probably, don't quote me on that though. 20k for a reliable, 200hp 2900lb coupe is not terrible at all. I'd take it.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
My mom has a 1999 Infiniti I30t which is basically a really nice Maxima. I took it to the track and ran a 16.1 @ 88 mph. 190 horses and 205 lb.ft torque. Yes its an auto, independent testing showed a 0-60 7 seconds for the manual.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Then its not a Maxima, my mom has a 2000 with 250 horsies, the thing is fast, would blow the doors, and hatch off the tc.

·
Registered
539 Posts
whaaaatt????...I smokkeedd a 97 Maxima off launch from the red light and I didnt even see him in my rearview after 10 seconds, Oh yeah I forgot to mention it was parked.....

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by 1SiC-tC@Nov 26 2005, 01:07 AM
what's up guys well was just on the expy and this maxima riding my ass so i spead up. next you know hes next to me i took off and so did he well lets just say when i turned my flashers on he was at least 2 car lengths behind me

GOD I LOVE LOVE TC!!!

PEACE MIKE
You turned yoru flashers on? I REALLY hope that was a joke.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Let me tell you "racers" a story. One day about a year ago I was stopped next to a 2004 Lexus SC430 at a light. It was one of those places where there are two left turn lanes but only the left one goes onto the highway, which is where I needed to go. I was in the right lane, and I decided I was going to get in front of the Lexus.

The light turned green, and we both hauled ass. After a very short distance and at about 40 or 50 MPH, I was barely able to pull in front of the SC430.

I was amazed, because it really seemed like the SC430 was pushing it and trying to keep me from getting in front of him, and he didn't suddenly slow down at the end. I told Andrew (zoltiz), and we agreed that based on the stats of the SC430 (3,840 lbs, 4.3L V8, 300 hp, 325 ft.-lbs.) it was probably impossible that the driver of the SC430 was flooring it, so I didn't bother telling everyone how "I beat an SC430!!! [email protected] n00b."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.