Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I pull up to a red light in my town - lo and behold a 911 GT2. I reved my engine a little, so did he. On paper the matchup looked pretty even, 4 seats, 2 doors. Although he had about 317 more HP, I figured I could make up with it with my 309 less ft/lbs of torque. I think the true deciding factor was that my curb weight was 115 lbs less than his. Anyway, the light turned green and we started. The rush of low end torque in my tC easily put me 7 car lengths in front of him. As the revs climbed, I dropped to 6.453 car lengths of lead. I shifted to second, and opened the gap to 15 car lengths. His "german engineered" engine was screaming, the dual turbos blowing tons of air, but it simply couldn't keep up with the normally aspirated power of my 4 cylinder. By the time I topped out at 197 mph in fourth, it was a clear win for the tC. We raced 12 more times after this and I lost one time by a 1/4 car length, but only because I was racing backwards in reverse.

YEAH TC!!!!!11!!!?!!!??!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
HAHA quite the story..............And then you woke up right?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Thanks for giving me the strength and determination to race the next Carrera I see!

·
Registered
614 Posts
i almost believed it to a certain point. haha.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Yes, I think they've been recalled for being too fast. When I took my 911 (my other car, a German one which I would never buy) to the dealer and said, "Hey, there's a TSB on this," he stuck a spoiler to the trunk of my 911 with duct tape and said, "There, that looks fine. And if you don't like it, you can eat me."

P.S. The 911 uses a Corolla chassis.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by basilisk4@Aug 26 2004, 05:25 AM
Yes, I think they've been recalled for being too fast.  When I took my 911 (my other car, a German one which I would never buy) to the dealer and said, "Hey, there's a TSB on this," he stuck a spoiler to the trunk of my 911 with duct tape and said, "There, that looks fine.  And if you don't like it, you can eat me."

P.S.  The 911 uses a Corolla chassis.
Actually laughed aloud at work. And it's a Chevy block, right?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Ohh wow... thats a great kill. But, umm.. I heard that turbos sometimes make your engine fluid run low, and when that happens you know what happens next right? yup!... got guessed it. You lose power. But then, some drivers are smart and over compensate for this possible loss in power by using synthetic blinker fluid and increasing the PSI on their windshield wipers to about 25-30. Now, with some careful tuning and some jello in the gas tank, that 911 could have won. he must have missed the memo about the turbo thing. Good kill though... man, the tC really is FAST!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Fortunately, I had MOMO racing pedals and shift knob, or who knows what could have happened...

·
Registered
290 Posts
That is so weird I had the same thing happen to me but i was racing one of the Ferarri Enzos. Man for that price it is pretty slow. But i did have an ace up my sleeve I changed my crank bulb to one of those xenon ones and then changes the air in my tires to american air. I think he still had the Italian air in the tires ha ha SUCKER!!!!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
OMG I feel foolish...LOL. I have no idea what a 911 GT2 is..and I was completely into that post until I got to the 197 mph part....then my face went through all of this:

Then I went into something like this:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, after laughing at myself a bit I did a quick internet search and found out how nice it is...hehe.

Thanks for the clarification though....lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts