Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy over the weekend just bought a 2k1 MR-S. Runs good and has pep. We are goor friends and have both unique driver skills. He is more of a mountain road curvy guy, were I'm a run and gun type driver. So a MR-S is mid engine rear wheel drive with a 1.8l with I think 140hp. The TC has the 2.4l with 160hp. I think in a curvy course he'll win. I think in a freeway race I'll win, still his car is smaller, lighter, and isn't that far behind in power. Should I race him anyway and see how the TC matches up? Any one had this match up?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Originally posted by 510sciontc@Jan 10 2005, 11:58 AM
My buddy over the weekend just bought a 2k1 MR-S. Runs good and has pep. We are goor friends and have both unique driver skills. He is more of a mountain road curvy guy, were I'm a run and gun type driver. So a MR-S is mid engine rear wheel drive with a 1.8l with I think 140hp. The TC has the 2.4l with 160hp. I think in a curvy course he'll win. I think in a freeway race I'll win, still his car is smaller, lighter, and isn't that far behind in power. Should I race him anyway and see how the TC matches up? Any one had this match up?
Are you talkin about a MR2? If you get the 18's you would be spurized at how much more grip you have over the stock 17's. Still it would be a good match.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you really think in a drag it would be close. I know the TC has a slow start through 1st and 2nd. I smobbed around with him when he got it. It doesn't feel as quick on take off. I have noticed though that driving and sitting as passenger are 2 totally different effects. The reason why to is I would like to put a friendly wager

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok for people not familiar with toyota roadsters. Yes at one point there was a MR-2. But if you look at a newer version of that car it is called a MR-S. The S is for spyder"I don't why" If you mean what is a MRS. I was just being lazy and didn't want to do the whole MR-S. Ok.. hand pounding chest

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
the mr2 spyder should win because power to weight ratio. I've not driven a mr2 but, I imagin it should handle rather well too.

it seems the mr2 has 710 lb lower curb weight. i'm sure that is more then enough to compensate for the twenty less hp.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
What's the frontal area and Cd on both? That will tell you who wins top speed.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Originally posted by FLuXtC@Jan 11 2005, 01:06 AM
just pick up the new road and track the tC has a great article there, and if you look near the back of the magazine there u will find the Road Test Summary, u can compare numbers there...
You can't compare numbers that close, to many different senerios. One could suck at a stick while the outher is a pro. Also I don't know why they call it a mr-s when the name mr-2 comes from mid engine M rear wheel drive R two seater 2. MR-2

·
Registered
64 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc+Jan 11 2005, 08:41 PM-->QUOTE (Ryan'sTc @ Jan 11 2005, 08:41 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-FLuXtC
@Jan 11 2005, 01:06 AM
just pick up the new road and track the tC has a great article there, and if you look near the back of the magazine there u will find the Road Test Summary, u can compare numbers there...
You can't compare numbers that close, to many different senerios. One could suck at a stick while the outher is a pro. Also I don't know why they call it a mr-s when the name mr-2 comes from mid engine M rear wheel drive R two seater 2. MR-2 [/b]
i was saying to look there for baseline comparo, of course driving skill always matter...

M= Midship R=Runabout S= SPyder... this is exactly what MR-S stands for i know cus i own one... http://FLuXmr2spyder.onlineshowoff.com

check out my 1st post it should give everyone thats interested an accurate baseline conclusion...considering i drive both tC and MR-S, and for my point at least the driver is consistent...hehehe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.