Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pulled up next to my buddy with his 1994 honda prelude Si with intake, and full header back exhaust. He is not your typical ricer, and actually a really nice guy. He revved at me, and I kinda grinned. Now, my car has about 700 miles on it and I haven't even launched it yet. I'm used to my AWD talon that I could rev to 6k rpm and dump the clutch and have no wheel spin, so i wasn't about to try on this run.... I just gave it some gas =o) I pulled him off the line through second by about a car length. Mind you I was shifting around 4.5k and 5k rpm as I am still trying not to beat on my tC too much. He started to gain on me. So I wound out 3rd to around 80 and once again pulled a car length or more on him before shutting down! I'm pretty happy considering he "claims" 200hp at the crank. Chalk another one up for the tC!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good question.... someone else will have to answer it though. I haven't brought my car even close to red line yet. when I do, I'll let you know, but for the time being, I'd ask this quesiton in the tech forum!

·
Registered
348 Posts
yeah i only got 500 miles on my 2006 tc 5 speed and i floor it everywhre, cause when i drive conservative its just to appealing to let it go till 6k. Nothing is wrong wit it so far, i think the breaking in thing is good but i also think it is good to hit like 5k every now and then during the break in period because the engine needs to be touched every now and then, i just touch it a little more than it needs. = )

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Hrm. Took me a bit to realize how FrostbytetC could only have 700 miles on it. This thread came back from being gone almost 2 years... Gotta be some kind of record.

·
Registered
147 Posts
yikes! 75 in second...not in a 5 spd. i'n not exactly sure of the m.p.h since i'm paying most attention to r.p.m, but i would say it goes to about 55-57-ish m.p.h.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts