Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm drivin my buddy home after a night at Gillian's (Pool/Arcade) and stop at a red light on a straightaway. (if you're from LI, Old Country Road in westbury, after the Source). This lowered white 2nd gen RX7 pulls up next to to me, w/ rims, springs, exhaust work too, I think. Actaully looked pretty nice, not really riced out. The kid looked like a local punk that just wanted to race. I wasn't too keen on noticing that he wanted to race, so when the light turned green, I just started normal...he did too though, but then grabbed 2nd, floored it and was 3 car lengths ahead of me. I didn't make too much of an effort to catch up to him b/c I got a ticked earlier that night for going 80 in a 55, which I was still sore about. Unfortunately, he took the next light and made a u-turn, so he probably missed his street just to race...somehting I'm sure we've all done before. If we were both really racing though, I still think he'd win. Even though he's in a used RX7, they were pretty quick in their days. Not much of a story, but figured I'd share it with you guys anyway.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Originally posted by whosthatrussian@Jan 7 2005, 08:27 AM
So I'm drivin my buddy home after a night at Gillian's (Pool/Arcade) and stop at a red light on a straightaway. (if you're from LI, Old Country Road in westbury, after the Source). This lowered white 2nd gen RX7 pulls up next to to me, w/ rims, springs, exhaust work too, I think. Actaully looked pretty nice, not really riced out. The kid looked like a local punk that just wanted to race. I wasn't too keen on noticing that he wanted to race, so when the light turned green, I just started normal...he did too though, but then grabbed 2nd, floored it and was 3 car lengths ahead of me. I didn't make too much of an effort to catch up to him b/c I got a ticked earlier that night for going 80 in a 55, which I was still sore about. Unfortunately, he took the next light and made a u-turn, so he probably missed his street just to race...somehting I'm sure we've all done before. If we were both really racing though, I still think he'd win. Even though he's in a used RX7, they were pretty quick in their days. Not much of a story, but figured I'd share it with you guys anyway.
I blew a 2nd gen rx-7's doors off the outher day. By third gear he was at least a 100 feet ahead. The trick to the tc is shifting. Get that down and own them.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc+Jan 7 2005, 09:38 AM-->QUOTE (Ryan'sTc @ Jan 7 2005, 09:38 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-whosthatrussian
@Jan 7 2005, 08:27 AM
I blew a 2nd gen rx-7's doors off the outher day. By third gear he was at least a 100 feet ahead. The trick to the tc is shifting. Get that down and own them. [/b]
lol by bad i ment i was ahead.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THere were different types of 2nd gen rx7s built in the late 80's and nineties. Check out this site for more info: http://www.rx7-uk.co.uk/rx7stat.htm. The one that I kinda raced was turbo II, which is the most powerful and quickest out of all of them. Its supposedly a 6.5 second car, and with some mods might be even quicker. I'm not doubting that I had a good chance of taking him, I guess I'll never know. All I know is that mazda built some decent cars in its day.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tend to let things that I despise represent me. (I've had Bob Sagat, and whoopie goldberg be my avatar in the past among other obscure stuff)

·
Registered
120 Posts
yeah, I know where Jillians in Westbury is.... ...Damn Nassau County Police....they get off on ticketing young people with nice cars.....If I just got a ticket, I wouldn't have looked twice at that dude.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Originally posted by whosthatrussian@Jan 7 2005, 10:00 AM
THere were different types of 2nd gen rx7s built in the late 80's and nineties. Check out this site for more info: http://www.rx7-uk.co.uk/rx7stat.htm. The one that I kinda raced was turbo II, which is the most powerful and quickest out of all of them. Its supposedly a 6.5 second car, and with some mods might be even quicker. I'm not doubting that I had a good chance of taking him, I guess I'll never know. All I know is that mazda built some decent cars in its day.
Also I know that boost on apex seals on the rotors don't mix. A rotary engine thats turboed and 14 years old most likly isn't in top dyno form. Remeber the third gen rx-7's were plaged with boost problems and there newer than the turbo II's just remeber we bought tc's for the long haul. If I wanted balls out performance and didn't give ditty about refindment and quality I'd buy a mustang or Gto.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.