Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah its true just got the bad news.. here is the whole story;

I made my deposite on July 16th and the sales person located a silver streak and said the wait would be about a week and a 1/2 two weeks. Fine. So two weeks later I call and they say he is on vacation but my TC has been at the port for almost a week waiting for transport from Jacksonville to Ft. lauderdale. great. Week and a half later I call back and its still at the Port and my sales person is still on vacation.

At this point I think the are not telling me the truth and maybe they sold my car and are just buying time till a next one comes in. Or are just trying to get as many deposites as they can.

So I called again on Wednesday and left a very unhappy message. Then this morning on the way to work I get a call from the sales person from his cell phone on vacation explaining that during the process of coming off the ship or getting loaded onto the truck the car was totaled beyond repair. Now that sucks. How do you do that? They said they have already located another one and it will take about two weeks making my wait time over six weeks for the easiest color to get! That really sucks.

Any thoughts on the situation? Are they lying, should I wait, go to another dealer, try to get free stuff?

·
Registered
409 Posts
hmmm that really sucks man >.<, but you have to remember anything is possible, it is possible that it was totaled, but thinking it about it makes it seem unlikely since shipping these things is there profession, im sure they take precautions sot hat stuff liek that doesnt happen because techincally totalling this car would waste 16k... and who's going ot pay for that? newayZ if the dealership seemed shady they might of sold it like you said but what can you do? my approach would be to give them absolute hell once you got it and ask for like free gas or something or maybe mats =) ..anyawys good luck i hope things go better

·
Registered
282 Posts
oh man that totally suck....but does sound shady. how the heck would the salesperson know the car crashed into the port??? I think you should take your money back and go somewhere else.

I wanted to get a tC and the closest dealership said i can order and wait six weeks. Fck that!! so i called around and see who has my color coming in the earliest. One dealership had one coming in less than 2 weeks and within 30 mins i drove up there and signed everything.
my point is call around see who has one coming in and go with it!!!
dont wait six weeks....for all i freakin know the salesman prolly forgot to put your car on order before he went on vacation???

liz

·
Registered
936 Posts
they are lying to you, get your deposit back tommorow morning and look elsewhere. My feeling is that your tC did come in, but they sold it to the "highest bidder" (yes i know its highly illegal but lets be real here) and now you are back in line and you better hope another person with a big wallet doesnt come into the dealership again. False promises suck, best of luck with your allocation of a new tC! - T

·
Registered
282 Posts
sorry i didnt mean to be pissy on my last post, if that happend to me i would be going off!!!!!! i would be raising hell you wouldnt believe.

i agree with phammerz, shipping large priced items like that requires care and professionalism in handling the item.

pls excuse my lang in this thread

·
Registered
936 Posts
sure why not, fck isnt even a word ....... im sure people wont even have a prob, but try and limit the fake word usage, it confuses us! hahahah

·
Registered
409 Posts
yah, i dont know your dealership personally but you can usually tell if they are shady, you know what you should do is? you should call them pretending to be somebody else and offer like 30k for hte next tC and see if they take it, just be like yah im absurdly rich and need one for my car collection, or something like that, if they are interested or what not just like asdklfjlasdk;fjkasdjkj at them, i hate shady dealerships

·
Registered
282 Posts
Originally posted by ycart1201@Aug 12 2004, 05:58 PM
that does suck! i say stay with them and try to get free stuff.

Nathan
ycart1201
you rather get free stuff with ####ty service? thats cool. i mean some people have preference when it comes to handling this situation but i would take my business else where.
floor mats and few small items he might be able to get for free (cheap stuff) but bottom line, 16k car i'd rather get my car from somewhere where they dont fck me over.

not trying to bash your post but hey its all about how the dealership should handle it.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
yeah, I agree with Erik, no matter what heppened to your car, things just don't add up. A car salesman should be doing his job, and if a vacation interferes, it should be his responcibility to get another sales person to help you, and keep in contact with you. To me, since you're buying the car, and in turn putting money in the dealership's pocket, it should be thier job to call you and keep you up to date on things... and more importantly, be honest with you. I'd tell them to go F*CK themselves and take your money else where. Cause even if they do give you free ####, more than likely that comes from scion's profit, not theirs. Or if you do buy from them, when the scion rep calls you a week or two later to ask you about your purchase, make sure you tell them what they told you. Or, try to contact scion yourself, and see if they know of a tC getting wrecked at port.... something is rotten in denmark if you ask me, and i'd want to get to the bottom of it! Remember, its your money and time they're wasting...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hmm... sounds shady to me too. If that really happened, you'd think Scion would make an exception and bump you up on their list so that you would at least get your car in the next batch... I think they probably did sell it to someone else or traded it with another dealer... If they are telling you to wait 6 weeks for another one... I would call around to other dealers to see how long their wait is and get your money back if you can...

Good luck man...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK.. This is what happened today.

Dealer called today and said my car was in. "Really? End of last week you said another 2 weeks" So I go down there and there it is. Overcome with the site of a new Silver Streak I crack a smile but still a little bit suspect of the situation. Sarcasticly I said "how was your vacation?". (here comes guilt) Whoever answered the phone thought he was on vacation but he had actually been hurt in a minor accident (not auto related).
Then he explained that the car had fallen off the top of the transport truck onto the pavement. Everyone there was really cool and the fact that the manager was a hot older blonde chic kinda made me chill out.

4 weeks and 1 day; Not as fast as some and not as long as others. I tried to get free options but that was a no go; its hard to get price breaks at Scion. You'll see. Did get 2 free scion shirts. Anyway I'm happy with it. Comments on my new TC

1 - 16 of 16 Posts