Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does anyone else find that the tc suspension is a little stiff?
I was allowed to drive a 2005 camery while I was waiting for my scion to come in and was really impressed with the suspension on it. You basically coulnt feel the bumps on the road. Now that I have my scion I had to use the highway for about 45 minutes the oher day (its a bad highway) and the ride was quite bumpy. This is really my only complaint abou the scion, so I was wondering if any of you have changed the suspension on your tc for a smother ride. Im not looking to drop the height any, just want a smoother ride.
thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Sell tC, buy Solara. Nobody would make "softer" springs / shocks for the tC. It's a pretend "sporty" car, thus the stiff suspension.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no way am I selling it, I really love the car and I understand the stif suspension because if it being sporty. However I know there are plenty of after market shocks and springs out there, but I guess no one has made a soft set yet.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ agreed.

like eddie said - air ride would be the way to go, and it isnt expensive or difficult.

·
Registered
349 Posts
No offense to any solara owners, but I've heard that they can encounter serious vibrations at speed. With regards to the tc's suspension being stiff, I think the reason you have such a bumpy ride is probably more directly related to the 17 inch wheels and low profile tires. On a camry, the tire sidewalls are a lot bigger, therefore signifcantly reducing the shock to your suspension. With our wheels/tires, you're going to feel the bumps in the road, just watch out for potholes (I've blown a tire and dented a rim already). Lowering a car with further exacerbate this problem unless you also have shocks that are specifically valved to work with your springs. One proven (yet expensive) way to solve the problem your describing would probably be coilovers. But to be honest, I really cant complain about the ride quality, especially after driving back from New Jersey in my boy's 320 HP EVO, that is one choppy ride!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.