Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would inform everyone that I called TDR and was told the supercharger is finished but waiting for release due to government red tape. It's release date is slated for November. I am waiting on my flint mica 5 spd to arrive middle of next month. Accessories include: spoiler, security, floormats, tie bar, 6 cd changer, exhaust, speed star shifter and window tinting and rear bumper protector. I also had toyoguard put on it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
what is toyoguard?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
ToyoGuard is a big waste of $700. It's this paint sealant that you supposedly get, but it's really just a way for dealers to increase their profits. I'm not even sure that I believe that they actually do anything extra to your car for that extra money. In any event, I've had two Toyotas with it and it's a huge waste of money. I highly recommend AGAINST anyone ever getting ToyoGuard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for welcoming me to the site. Toyoguard road side assistance,rental car assistance for repairs, no charge for first oil change, vehicle glass etchingof VIN number, exterior paint sealant, undercoating and interior protection appilication.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The dealership told me $3,000 and +40 HP, and this is what I've read elsewhere as well...

·
Registered
614 Posts
that can't be a supercharger can it? it looks like a short ram intake. well what do you expect for a starting bid of $130.

by the way, does anyone know the final price for the TRD supercharger?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Sep 14 2004, 05:11 PM
Aftermarket "Supercharger":

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=46098

Does anyone know anything about this?
All I know about it, is that it's pure crap
I would never buy anything like that off of eBay, ever... I've heard stories of some people buying those, only to have the plastic fins break off into your intake. Then reaching inside the combustion chamber. Although I think it was another product just like that... reguardless, it's just crap. IMO

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Does anyone actually know how this thing is supposed to work?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Sep 15 2004, 06:59 AM
Does anyone actually know how this thing is supposed to work?
The electric fan in this "supercharger" intake is supposed to increase airflow, just like regular superchargers do. Sad thing is that you need a way bigger electric motor to have at least some noticable power gain. There are legit electric superchargers, but they cost around $2K and come with special battery packs and huge electric motors.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by J&J flinTc@Sep 15 2004, 06:27 AM
the 3 grand for the supercharger is that the installed price????
First off - nobody knows the price for now, not even dealers.

From my past experience with TRD SCs the price is usually in $2500-3000 range for parts and $500-$1500 for installation.

Out of 8 Atlanta area dealers that I contacted about SC install for the Matrix only one quoted me $500, others were $1200 and up, usually way up. All of them (including the cheap install dealer) quoted me $3100+tax or higher price for parts. I ended up ordering my SC online from a place like http://mcgeorgeparts.com. All in all I paid $2900 for SC installed, and not many people were able to beat this price.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by J&J flinTc@Sep 15 2004, 01:26 PM
you had the dealer install it or you installed it your self?? Im guessing the $500 dealer
$500 was as cheap as it gets for a dealer, included a rental, too.

When it comes to SC installs it makes a lot of sense to go with the dealer, unless you absolutely don't care about your drivetrain warranty.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by TCtypeSlow@Sep 27 2004, 12:23 AM
What are they going to use to tune the car after the instal? Does it come w/ any engine management?
Stock ECU reflash according to the rumors.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts