1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this at club scion tc and they seem to think its legit heres the url

http://www.newscionparts.com/product/?id=78

maybe someone can verify as legit?
it seems real and the price seems to be somewhere around the rumored one so hopefully its out.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I'm gunna say no..... I don't think its legit. If it is... why would they have it before dealerships? I don't know man... i'm calling junk on that. Also... 2004-2005 scion tC? umm... not in the US!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Ditto. How come the dealers don't know anything about this?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I would also doubt these guys since they claim to have the Pedestal Spoiler that doesn't exist yet.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by DemonEyez@Sep 30 2004, 10:07 PM
are there any pics of the tc super out yet? if not i guess compare to see if that picture there is in fact a TC.
Here's one of the pics of the tC SC (from edmunds.com)

·
Registered
5 Posts
The first mod I'm doing when my car gets here is relocating the battery to make room for a K&N style filter for that thing. You gotta get rid of that restrictive style air box with a supercharger, you gotta have some more air flow. Word.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@Sep 30 2004, 05:03 PM
I'm gunna say no..... I don't think its legit. If it is... why would they have it before dealerships? I don't know man... i'm calling junk on that. Also... 2004-2005 scion tC? umm... not in the US!
The Tc I picked up last Monday is a 2005. At least, thats what the title says. =)

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
There is no such thing as a 2004 tC.

·
Registered
614 Posts
the one from edmunds has an air filter box but the one from scion night doesn't. what is the extra piping? cai or some sort?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
rumors grow and grow, but there is one that says the s/c will be mated with the AEM long-ram CAI, unlike previously released. also, there is no official word that the s/c has been released, and wont be until after sema, so maybe they are taking orders and just going to say its back-ordered until they arrive. tricking you into getting it from them, or something.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by asianspike@Nov 17 2004, 01:47 PM
i dont think its that worth it.. yet.. kinda over priced imo for times like this.
The pricing is just right for a dealer warranted part. As far as "worth it" goes - it's very personal. For some it's a useless trinket, for others its the first thing they will get for the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
WHat PSI is the Vortech system going to Operate at? It's not like you can't add a Smaller pulley to the system to produce more boost. The TC has a static compression ratio of 9.6:1. With good Fuel.. You should have no problem running 10Psi+.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
TRD's SCs usually run at around 7PSI. with pulleys people get to about 9-10psi. But I think tC will get the first Vortech SC from TRD, others were roots type from couple of manufacturers.

Blk01GTP, are you sure you are pushing 358tq like your sig says? Does not look right - typo?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts