Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THis weekend I went to my dealership to get my spoiler fixed because it was coming off on one side and was shown the special edition tC.

Apparently there is only 500 made and only select dealerships get to have one. The one I saw was #100/500.

It had the following features:

1. super white
2. leather interior with tc special edition embroidered on the head rests
3. special edition ground effects
4. a billet grill
5. subwoofer
6. 100 watt amp
7. special edition shift knob
8. it had several special edition plaques showing that it was limited edition and which number of the 500 it was.
9. it also came pre-tinted
10. It also had that line running through the side of the car (I forgot what it's called)
11. Spolier

Those are the features I remember...the car was priced at $ 21, 400.

I was surprised the car was not on 18's...but the ground effects made it seem pretty low...the billet grill looked nice, but it looked really cheap...it looked like it was a plastic grill painted silver...Also, the ground effects had a silver/grey plastic thing that was connecting them to the body of the car...

Overall the car didn't look that special...the leather was nice inside, but besides that everything else was pretty overrated...put it this way...I wouldnt pay almost $22,000 for the car...

·
Registered
606 Posts
what a bunch of crap!!! they seriously tried to pass that off as the rs? that is totally rediculous. they even had it numbered. talk about a major scam. i would report these people to scion. i'm sure scion wouldn't appreciate what they are doing.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Sounds like SE Toyota Distributors, for sure. These are the same guys who tell their dealers to tell customers that they can't sell cars without ToyoGuard. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Toyota knows about it, considering there are only a handful of Toyota distributors in the country.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Im sure SCION doesnt care..... SouthEast Toyota is the #1 port in the world and moves more cars in a day than you could imagine. They make billions for Toyota on a year basis.....no love lost for a few hundre tC's that are "misleading". -T

·
Registered
606 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy@Oct 17 2004, 04:04 PM
Im sure SCION doesnt care..... SouthEast Toyota is the #1 port in the world and moves more cars in a day than you could imagine. They make billions for Toyota on a year basis.....no love lost for a few hundre tC's that are "misleading". -T
ah ha. hmmm.... that's too bad. well, you know what. anyone who is stupid enough to believe the lies that this place tells them deserves to be ripped off and cheated.

but a fake special edition is just outrageous. that is just beyond misleading. i mean the toyoguard thing falls under the misleading category but fake special editions with fake badges and all. that's horrible.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
I don't see what's "fake" about the special edition. They can call it whatever they want -- and why couldn't a car that's equipped with a package that includes features not available on other versions of the same car logically be called a "special" or "limited" edition? It's a ripoff, but I don't think there's anything particularly misleading about it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
well, if they say that it's South East Toyota Scion's special edition that's different. but if they are saying that it is Scion's special edition then that it not right at all and they are flat out lying. it depends on how they presented it to semrau. but yes, either way they are pathetic and it is a total ripoff.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Oct 17 2004, 08:05 PM
I don't see what's "fake" about the special edition. They can call it whatever they want -- and why couldn't a car that's equipped with a package that includes features not available on other versions of the same car logically be called a "special" or "limited" edition? It's a ripoff, but I don't think there's anything particularly misleading about it.
Thats just it. You CAN get all of these options on the Tc. All they have done is put a package together. The fact they label it "Special Edition" is a bit misleading in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
I think 90% of advertising in the States is misleading - why should SET be different?

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Oct 17 2004, 05:05 PM
ditto. this world revolves around making money. get over it people.

·
Registered
606 Posts
like i said, it all comes down to the presentation of it. if they present it as scion's special edition they are lying to someone for no reason. but if they say that they put it together for the dealer's own special edition series that's different. they are not lying in that case. it's still stupid though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Um, If they doctored the window sticker to say Scion TC SE then its illegal I would think... I would think though they added one of those stickers beside it that listed everything they did then jacked up the MSRP to the add on sticke price.... If they did that then its your own fault for buying it for to much money.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
This is just ridiculous. They didn't mislead anyone. They overpriced the car by adding some worthless options and gave it a "cool" name. It's just like how Chick-Fil-A used to call their chargrilled chicken sandwich "Deluxe" and charged 20 cents more, and what you got was a regular chargrilled chicken sandwich with -- WOW!!! -- lettuce and tomato.

Semrau said that this car came with the following things that are not available on non-"Special Edition" cars:

2. leather interior with tc special edition embroidered on the head rests
3. special edition ground effects
7. special edition shift knob
8. it had several special edition plaques showing that it was limited edition and which number of the 500 it was.

This is exactly the same thing as the "special edition" or "limited edition" Camrys, Accords, Civics, etc., that Toyota and Honda (or their distributors, hell if I know) release every year.

Summary: There's nothing at all misleading about labeling those cars a "special edition." They can call them whatever the hell they want! If you're not impressed by the value of the Special Edition, and I don't know how anyone could be, then don't buy it!!! Sheesh.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You all should get your facts straight before posting. Its on Toyotas website.

The ground effects are the same as all other Tcs get.
The leather is the same except for the "Tc" stitching which Im sure you could ask for.
The shift knob is the same as you can ask for.

Do the Camrys have a release series everyone is waiting on? No.

For those of you "too smart" to be fooled, (Though some of you pay for things like Scion Security, lmao) there are many people who dont spend time reading forums who are indeed lead to believe this could be the release series. That is the difference between the Tc and Camrys, Civics, or whatever else you want to compare them too.

No one is complaining on this thread, but a lot of you sure are smart. *sarcasm*

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Those who know what Scion RS is - read Scion forums. If you are gullible enough to believe that whatever pile of worthless options SET is selling as "special edition" is actually a RS from Scion - then you deserve to have your money taken away from you. World is not fair. Get used to it.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.