Scion tC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
You know what would make an awesome reality show? Chat room brawls. We go t o your house match your ip and throw you in the ring with the guy you were arguing with the night before. I would watch 4 sure.[/b]
Ryan, did you post that? ROFL.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
No way a si beat a s/c tC. That is a bs video.

-Eric

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
We talking about a 15-year-old Si? Otherwise, your weight figure is way off.

·
Registered
268 Posts
the C1 was 175HP and 127 FT/LBS TQ jsut to clear some things up. i didnt see the vid, BUT if the B18C1 motor is built right (hell you dont even really need alot) it will whoop up on a S/C TC. it wont do #### till 3rd gear, but it will come out on top

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i dunno how fast that civic was, but the s/c tC dont really have top end and they did race from a roll. which means no skill is involved and the car with better top end wins

·
Registered
533 Posts
Video isnt too fake...I can believe it...But to the ones that say 99-00 si's are 2200 lbs, you have to be kidding...Them things are atleast 2500...The vid also didnt tell which b18 series motor he was running and the full mods...He may have ran an ITR motor with some goodies...

Sorry tC guys I hand it to the civic on this one...Doesnt look fake to me...tC's s/c also doesnt have too much topend

·
Registered
268 Posts
your "friend" is COMPLETLY wrong. ls,gs,rs 142HP 129 LBS/TQ, gsr, 175HP 127LBS/TQ, type R 195 HP 127 LBS/TQ. ans that IS a fact. but like i said, im sorry, but a good B18 willhand a TC is ASS driven right.

B16A1=160HP, 115LBS/TQ civic si
B18B1=142HP, 129LBS/TQ integra ls,rs,gs
B18C1=175HP, 127LBS/TQ integra gsr
B18C=195HP, 127LBS/TQ integra type-R
B20B1=146HP, 133LBS/TQ honda CRV (common swap for a B20VTEC conversion)

TQ only really matters till mid 2nd, to 3rd gear. after that HP is the factor.
drop a set of type-r cams in a gsr motor, and you gain a dyno proven 15 WHP consistantly, putting it up near the type-r. up the rev limiter (very easy to do on a honda) and you gain another 10hp. not to mention the power to weight ratio. the civic si (coupe) is about 2600LBS, but if droped into a hatch tis 2200LBS. i have seen civic hatches with modded H22 (prelude) motors dropped in them rape a viper with the A/C on.

·
Registered
533 Posts
b18c1,GSR=170 hp...how do people get 175???...

·
Registered
268 Posts
cause it is.. learn about cars before you post son.

1994-2001 Acura Integra: Specs & Safety

Vehicle Dimensions
Specification 2-door hatchback 4-door sedan
Wheelbase, in. 101.2 103.1
Overall Length, in. 172.4 178.1
Overall Width, in. 67.3 67.3
Overall Height, in. 52.6 53.9
Curb Weight, lbs. 2529 2628
Cargo Volume, cu. ft. 13.0 11.0
Standard Payload, lbs. -- --
Fuel Capacity, gals. 13.2 13.2
Seating Capacity 4 5
Front Head Room, in. 38.6 38.9
Max. Front Leg Room, in. 42.7 42.2
Rear Head Room, in. 35.0 36.0
Min. Rear Leg Room, in. 28.1 32.7

Specifications Key: NA = not available; "--" = measurement does not exist.

Powertrain Options and Availability
Base RS and luxury LS Integras carry a 142-horsepower, 1.8-liter dual-overhead-cam 4-cylinder engine. Essentially the same as that installed in previous-generation Integras, it develops two more horsepower. A new and different dual-cam 1.8-liter engine, similar in size but more potent, powers the GS-R. That one employs Honda's VTEC (variable valve-timing) system and makes 175 horsepower. A 5-speed manual gearbox was standard on all models. All except the GS-R could have an electronic 4-speed automatic transmission instead. In 1997, Acura introduced a highly modified version of the 1.8-liter from the GS-R for its high-performance "Type-R" model. All-new connecting rods are hand-torqued, ports are hand-polished, while a new forged-steel crankshaft comes with counterweights made with special metallurgy techniques to reduce vibration and bending fatigue. The revised engine includes oval intake springs, dual-exhaust valve springs, thin-stemmed valves and lighter die-cast aluminum pistons with molybdenum-coated skirts. Additional oiling passages and new crowns help boost the compression ratio from 10.0:1 to 10.6:1. In addition, a special camshaft gives higher lift and longer overlap to match a bigger-bore exhaust and freer-breathing exhaust manifold, which features a single wide runner per cylinder rather than smaller twin passages. Finally, the crackle-red finish on the engine's cam cover help set it apart visually from the GS-R's engine.

there ya go slappynuts

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
cause it is.. learn about cars before you post son.[/b]
good job, you can do a google search. is that what you mean by learning about cars?
there ya go slappynuts[/b]
just knock this sh!t off.

what is your damage? you insist on plainly demonstrating how much better at life you are than everyone else. keep thinking that. dont keep being a dick to our members.

i wouldnt want you in my service dept. we dont need arrogant idiocy. we need compentent mechanics who are willing to educate people properly. not laced with contempt for anyone who might have been 5hp off a stat.

·
Registered
268 Posts
hey, i jsut dont want this to be like scionlife where theres tons of misinformation floating around by @ssholes who think there right. and shoot down the facts from people who know. i really like this site, but i will let people know facts. and you not wanting me in your service dept, thats ok, theres more...... i dont always think im right, but i know what i know. ill be the first to admit that im wrong as much as im right.

if people cant handle being told their wrong (i expect someone to do it to me when i am wrong) when they throw out wrong info, then thats their problem. im here to help people. i have tons of members sending me pm on how to build their motors and i help them as much as i can. i respond positively to everyones pm to me. no matter how basic it is....who gives a sh!t? this has gotten WAY off topic, and im not going to contribute anymore to this post. the tc got its @$$ handed to it. so what. im sure it wont be the only time, and there will be times it wins. i dont condone street racing anyway. im not trying to be a dick. but when someone is trying to throw wrong info in my face like its right, then i WILL say what i think. i have lots of knowledge about cars ranging from all imports to some domestics. IM HERE TO HELP ANYONE, and EVERYONE.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
There're two components in "helping." The first part is information, which you have duly provided. The second part is rhetoric!

So 170 or 175.. That's still not 190-200 whp. I wish we could know more about this Civic's engine.. I hope it's pretty modded (more than just the swap.) By now, it sounds almost worthless as a go-faster-than-a-lot-of-people mod. I'd still love it though for that nice-and-quick-enough-for-me feel.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Originally posted by PhamKL@Feb 11 2006, 03:06 PM
There're two components in "helping." The first part is information, which you have duly provided. The second part is rhetoric!
well said.

Originally posted by simplespirit
Edmunds.com says 170 HP and 128 TQ

Ok, oddly enough I found the same paragraph he copied and pasted and it states 170 also.
The first 10 sites I found all say 170.
if it was my civic, it would have NOS, so it would be much faster than your tC.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i'm in the process of moding my engine and i've been talking to Jdangle and he's been nothing but nice about it... not rubbing his knowlodge in my face or looking down upon me about it. he's givin me everything i needed to start looking around so inevitablegod and everyone else needs to stop hatin he's just stating the right info

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.