Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this not to long ago:

"Scion tC sports coupe to be the official vehicle of the Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race

Scion tC sports coupe will be the new official vehicle of the 2006 Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race. Toyota Pro/Celebrity Scion tC recently made its debut at 2005 California International Auto Show.

The 2006 Pro/Celebrity Race celebrates the 30th anniversary of this charity event held annually as part of the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach weekend.

The Toyota Pro/Celebrity race has evolved into one of the longest-running, corporate sponsored events of its kind, pitting celebrities from music, sports and film against professional drivers. The event benefits “Racing for Kids,” a non-profit, national fund-raising program that supports children's hospitals throughout the United States.

The Scion tCs to be featured in race will produce 170-horsepower at 5,700 rpm. They will be equipped with performance enhancements that include a DC Sports stainless steel exhaust and ceramic header, Centerforce single-disc racing clutch, Progress Technology racing coil-over shocks and springs, Stop-Tech brakes and full roll cage.

The race will be held Saturday, April 8, 2006 on the 1.97 mile, 11-turn street course in downtown Long Beach, Calif., as part of the 32nd Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach."

im happy to see the tC will be getting sum good publicity even though its like a year away. Cant wait to see sum pretty tCs!!!!!!!

oh heres the link for those sticklers:

http://stories.indobase.com/article_219.shtml

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Old news. It was posted on SL about a month ago. They got drivers like Frankie Muniz

·
Registered
498 Posts

Gitty gitty gitty gitty gitty gitty Oh Right...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Originally posted by raamaudio@Nov 23 2005, 09:47 PM
One part they are using is a Carbon/Kevlar roof to replace the glass roof.

How do I know, we have one on our car:)

Rick
That sounds expensive, I want to see.. do you have pictures? My main complaint about the tC is the 2,900lbs so this sounds really interesting to me right now..

·
Registered
498 Posts

TOYOTA Pro/celeb Scion tC SPECIFICATIONS

NOTE: ** Denotes equipment not yet installed on display vehicle

ENGINE
Type: Four-Cylinder, Twin Cam, 16-Valve VVT-I
Displacement: 2.4 Liters
Power: 170 hp @ 5,700 rpm
Induction: Multi-port EFI
Bore: 88.5 mm
Stroke: 96 mm
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Fuel: F&L racing fuel 100 octane unleaded
Intake: **AEM cold air intake
Exhaust:DC Sports stainless steel exhaust and ceramic coated race header
Motor oil: Redline 15W50 synthetic

DRIVE TRAIN
Transmission: 5-speed manual, front-wheel drive W/ Redline MTL synthetic transmission fluid
Clutch: Centerforce single disc racing clutch

CHASSIS/BODY
Chassis: Unibody with DC Sports carbon steel strut tower brace
Body: Scion tC
Steering: Rack & pinion
Graphics: Vinyl graphics by Molly Designs
Aero Package: Kaminari

SUSPENSION
Type: 4-wheel independent
Front: MacPherson Strut with Progress Technology racing coil-over shocks and springs
Rear: Double Wishbone, with Progress Technology racing coil-over shocks and springs

WHEELS AND TIRES
Wheels: BBS 17" x 7 1/2"
Tires: Bridgestone Potenza RE01R, 225x45x17
Brakes: Power-assisted 4-wheel disc with ABS, Stop-Tech front brakes and Hawk Performance brake pads

ADDITIONAL FEATURES
Safety: **Full roll cage, five-point seatbelts, Competition shock absorbers, springs, exhaust system, clutch and brakes
**On-Board Fire System; window net

DIMENSIONS
Race Weight: 2,881 Lbs.
Wheel Base: 106.3 Inches
Wheel Travel: 5.3 Inches
Overall Length: 174 Inches
Overall Width: 69.1 Inches
Overall Height: 53.2 Inches
Ground Clearance: 3.8 Inches
Track Width: Front - 59.3 Inches:Rear - 59.3 Inches
Fuel Capacity:14.5 Gallons

hmmm wonder why theres MTL in the trans, I dont know maybe it keep the trans from GRINDING 1-2 SHIFTS!

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Funny how RedLine says run MT-90, but they run MTL in the race version...I seem to recall recommending that awhile ago...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
That's beyond dumb to say. Bridgestone Potenza S-02s are the best street tires I've ever driven bar none. Just because it's a Potenza doesn't mean the tire is a POS. RE92's suck ass. S-03s are decent tires, and I run them on my Supra. I'd bet the RE01Rs are decent tires.

·
Registered
742 Posts
That is not the race car, that is a promotional "copy" or it is going in for more mods after all the promotional crap is done;)

Notice, no cage??

I am sure they run the actual race cars on race tires, I seem to recall that but it was many years since I went to the race, the last F1 race in LB, race tires back then at least.

Also that one has the glass roof that I know is not going to be on the race cars.

At least they do not have some carp face glued on the front to cause major drag down the straights:)

Rick

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
They state all mods with double asterisks have not been installed yet. They have the roll cage and fire supression system with double asterisks.

I'd like to know more about how they got the weight down to 2881 with a full cage...

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
what do they do with the cars after the race? donate them for more charity funds? give them to the celebs/drivers? wish i could...win one. my poor tC feels freakin slow, now that i've been smoked by my boys EVO. even tho it was all in fun and not an official race...

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.