1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Click me.

Subject: ’05 Scion tC Release Series 1.0
Toyota Motor Sales, USA is pleased to announce pricing for the Scion tC
Release Series 1.0, the fourth in a series of limited edition vehicles for Scion.
Pricing will be made available to the public on March 23, 2005, in time for the
New York Auto Show.

The first limited edition series for the Scion tC, Release Series 1.0 offers several
unique exterior and interior enhancements.
The tC Release Series 1.0 features a bright exterior body color, Absolutely Red,
with unique details, such as color-keyed strut tie bar, battery tie down and billet
oil cap. The exterior is rounded out with a distinctive sports grille and
aggressively styled 18” alloy wheels in a dark graphite finish.

The interior of the Release Series is adorned with subtle, black seat fabric with
red highlights designed to complement the Absolutely Red exterior color. Other
interior enhancements include: specially badged Release Series floor mats and
cargo mat, exclusive Release Series brushed aluminum door sills, and
individually numbered badging in each Release Series car.
Only 2,500 units of the tC Release Series 1.0 will be available, which will begin
arriving at Scion dealerships in April.[/b]

·
Registered
21 Posts
I asked my saleman about the release series and he told he hasn't heard a thing. I then asked the sales manager and he said that Scion was actually fighting Toyota, because they did not want make a release series.

He said it was because it went against what scion's philosophy was.... to let you build your own machine. They do not want consumers to have limits with options and colors.

IDK, that was straight from the guys mouth, now im seeing this.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I freaking want one. Crap.

Not to sound ricey, but, if the body kit is cool, any chance of being able to order one? I know you can order the standard body kit from McGeorgeParts.com (maybe trdsparks.com too, never looked), and since other options can be purchased seperately, anyone think these parts will be too? Might have to re-paint it (and it might not be worth the money) but I'm just curious...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Mar 16 2005, 08:42 PM
The idea of "Scion fighting Toyota" seems somewhat...unlikely, to say the least.
I hear ya, but that is what the sales manager said at my dealership

Anywayz, my BSP Tc comes in this monday... cant wait. Not to thrilled with Release Series, but nothings final.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
im not jammin with the red color... its just not right.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts

i dunno... im not too fond of red myself.. but i like the look

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I've been done with red since '94 when I bought my first Supra. Until then I had nothing but red cars. The stories about tickets are BS, the stories about accidents are BS, but the stories about red fading faster than any other color are not.

It looks pretty coolio, but I wouldn't own one for myself.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I love red, but that red looks awful in the picture, to me...I'm guessing, though, that's it's probably like all the other colors of the tC (see IIP, FM especially) and photos don't do it justice...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I might want the "distinctive sport grille" if it's black or really really dark gray. Other than that - there is nothing special about the RS. Red is definitely not my color.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Damon and I were talking about this last night, and he said it best, "Seeing this color doesn't make me upset about NOT waiting for it."

Its not a bad color IMO, and probably looks better in person, but if the two cars were sitting next to each other on the lot, I would probably still go for the color I already have.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Mar 17 2005, 06:31 AM
I might want the "distinctive sport grille" if it's black or really really dark gray. Other than that - there is nothing special about the RS. Red is definitely not my color.
I do think that would look good on a FM or BSP, especially if it had dark rims.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The only two things I like about it over my own tC are the nifty-looking "Door sill enhancements" and the rims. Other than that, I think I'll stick with my FM.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.