Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does everyone else get these looks from other tC owners on the road. Like there's some sort of secret tC owner's society?

Way back in 1980 I got my first motorcycle and other riders would wave at you on the road. They don't seem to do this anymore, but it was pretty cool.

tC owners seem to be of the same mindset. We own something special, so special people must own them. Act like a fool when you see someone in another tC. Anybody else seeing this????

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
I haven't seen anybody else in a tC in my area so I can't say whether or not this is happening. I do have to friends that ride bikes, however, and they definitely wave to other riders.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I saw a tC in a parking lot once and left a note on the windshield that said: "Nice tC! -The flint mica tC next to you." A couple weeks ago, I saw another tC in a parking lot and parked right next to it. When I came back out, the guy had left me a note with his Scionlife screen name.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've started seeing more tc's in the area but nobody ever waves back. The only person who ever waves is the girl at work who owns a white one but thats probably only because she knows me.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
when i had my MG's every british car owner waved. jag's, mg's, healey's, even a rolls royce silver cloud gave me a thumbs up in my midget. seemed more like a british thing, not just an MG thing. when i had my air-cooled vw's, all the air-cooled's waved, and its always been like that on my bikes. except with harley owners. cause they think they are better than us on japanese bikes.

havent had a tC owner wave at me yet, but i have only seen a couple while driving my tC.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had my tC since August 21st (I remember the date because thats my b-day) and I have the ONLY tC in my town, and only recently I saw another one (same color and everything) at the mall, so I park next to her. When I'm done in the mall and start to pull out of the ramp garage I see someone walk around the corner, I knew that was the person who owned the car, I mean me and the other tC were the only cars in the little lot on the top. I think I scared the bejesus outta her because when I pulled around the corner she was completely shitfaced, she probably though someone stole her brand new tC!!! then she saw her car.. hahahahaha I thought that was kinda funny.

anywho, i have to make my tC stick out a little more, that means I need to lower, 19s, tint, you name it, turbo, everything!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yeah I get that alot but its more of a WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING...more or less type look. Then I give them the "yea its a Scion TC" finger back.

But people around here are jealous no matter who or what is driving what new car or whatever...it would seem that no one can be happy for the other person anymore...personally I feel proud to own a TC when I see someone else drive one and they look at mine and I look at theirs and say...nice car man.

You know the usual....

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just drove back from NC and had a unusual number of cars riding right off my right quarter panel for mile or more. When they went by, people would craine their necks trying to figure out.........wow! what the hell is that? I assumed they approved.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just drove back from NC and had a unusual number of cars riding right off my right quarter panel for a mile or more. When they went by, people would craine their necks trying to figure out.........wow! what the hell is that? I assumed they approved.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Fast Eddie@Jan 2 2005, 01:38 PM
I know, I know it's a double post. But I guess I'm just too stoopid to figure out how to delete an unwanted post.
a mod can delete the double post for you.

I don't know whether I want to see more tCs in my area or not. I know there are at least 4 here because thats how many were ordered when i picked mine up in august. I feel kinda special not seeing others.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey everyone. This is my first post on this forum. I also belong to socal-tc-club.com.

On friday, I was driving to the store when I saw a tC in my rear view mirror. I slowed down so they could catch up. When we were side by side, I threw him the peace sign and he threw one back. It was awesome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The first look i was siting at a red light... In the car behind me I saw a couple in there 30's... I could see them pointing in my rearview mirror....She was saying Whats that??? He just leaned foward and read the badge....

The second time i was at a mass pike rest area getting gas.... I had just got into my car and this budjet rent a truck pulled up very close in front of me....I was like what the heck is going one... The guy checked out my car... then our eyes meet and he gave me a tumbs up.... LOL

Its awesome.... This is my frist new car... I like driving the first of something i never thought i would ever get a new car...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I haven't seen any other tC's around, but I find that a lot of people want to race me now. Maybe this goes for all sporty cars, but since this is my first, I wouldn't know. The other day I pulled up to a light with a 98 or so Firebird and a 03 RSX. They were both revving their engines and all that. I wasn't about to race.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Azrael, I have definitely noticed that as well. Other people think I'm crazy when I tell them that, so I'm glad someone else has experienced it.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Happens almost daily. Civics, Focuses (?), RSXs. I'm not a racer, so it can get annoying when they keep pestering me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.