Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not that there are many members here yet, but thought i would ask anyway.

i hear that the scion lines will only last 3 years then they are getting a totally new product line. as in new, not just redesigned...anyone heard of that?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I could beleive they would change design in 3 years but I don't know about another product line

·
Registered
131 Posts
If that really happended our TC's would be worth ALOT of money later on.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I doubt it would only last for 3 years... seems like it would cost too much to make (research and design) just to throw it away in 3 years. I have read that the xB will be dropped and a new replacement of a different name will happen...

It is also normal for toyota to update their model lines every 3 years.

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
131 Posts
OHOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOHOH that was me! I did I did I did... Sorry got a little to excited

·
Registered
131 Posts
We have another MO.com member on the way.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I can see Scion ending in a short time. Toyota markets Scion for today's youth. So maybe and most likely tomorrow's youth will be different. In that case I can see a new line coming out aiming at that generation.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Originally posted by Andfx8@Jun 30 2004, 02:30 AM
I can see Scion ending in a short time. Toyota markets Scion for today's youth. So maybe and most likely tomorrow's youth will be different. In that case I can see a new line coming out aiming at that generation.
yeah, probably.

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
true. any other questions?
no, really. it is true. look for the xA to go away after 06, the xB to leave us in 07, and the tC to leave us in 08. thats the way our product line is designed. 3-4 years tops, then not a redesign, but a removal and replacement. rejuvinating the market with new models, otherwise we will end up with 20 years of ______. just like camry. not what we want. so, treat them as a kind of collector car - they will be at one point for certain.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i am not an owner yet but am inches away from gettin a tC as my first car that i will actually be paying for, do you think it would put any problems on replacement parts in the future if its only around for 3 yrs? i wouldnt think so being its basically a camry with some mods on the exterior but what do you all think

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
I would not think it would be a probelm. It isn't basically a camry, though. We just use the 4 cylinder from it. The tC is based off of the Toyota Avensis sedan found in Europe.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
It is not basically any one other car. It is "based on the Avensis platform" according to Toyota, shares the engine with the Camry, shares the suspension with the IS300, and some other things I've forgotten. It's a totally separate vehicle designed for its own sake.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.