Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A transcript from my chat with Zion over at the Scion Chat just a few moments ago:

You are now chatting with Zion.

Marty: Good morning, Zion.
Zion: Hello Marty
Marty: I have a couple questions about my tC.
Marty: First, I know others have asked you about the sunroof noises on the tC. What's the latest from the company on that?
Zion: We have proposed repairs but still finalizing its countermeasures.
Marty: How will I know when a repair plan is finalized?
Zion: Your dealer should be able to update you. Also, If you're experiencing the sounds now, you should already address them with your local Scion dealership.
Marty: Okay, thanks. The other question I had dealt with rattling noises that seem to come from the back or hatch area of the car. Do you know anything about this?
Zion: I apologize, no. You'll also want to inform this to your Scion dealer so that they can notify the proper avenues.
Marty: Okay. I am currently waiting on a call back from the dealership. Thanks for your help!
Zion: Thanks as well, Marty!

So, that's it for now. Sounds like they're a little farther along with a resolution for the sunroof noises than they were the last time I heard anything about it. I'm going to try to take my tC to the dealership this week or next.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a simlar experience yesterday with a Scion rep over the phone, and they are trying to set a time up with me to get the popping noise I hear over my head fixed. The rep I talked to said there was documentation on how to fix this issue. I'll post my experience as soon as they fix the issue.

·
Registered
675 Posts
yeah just talked with Moe on the scion chat.. he said that it's coming "very very soon".. and he was possibly going to post the tsb on their website.. i dont know if a car maker would do that, but pretty cool if they did..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does the popping noise on the tc's sunroof occur when open or closed??? If it happens when it's opened I might just never open that thing and save myself the hassle...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
As far as I've heard from everyone else, it usually happens when the roof is closed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My tc's sunroof popped open and closed. The dealer found out that a gasket had slipped and they reset it. Since the repair i have not had any problems with the popping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts