Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the ground clearance of the tc, and can anyone gimme an estimate on what my ground clearance would be with 18" wheels and springs installed???

thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Stock I think it's about five inches. So with springs and 18" wheels it would be in the neigborhood of maybe 3 1/4" but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Wheel diameter will not change your ground clearance as long as you have a tire on there that keeps the aspect ratio the same:) - T

·
Registered
32 Posts
is it just me, or does the tc look like it sits to high with the factory springs?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by ANTH521@Aug 19 2004, 06:49 AM
is it just me, or does the tc look like it sits to high with the factory springs?
I disagree with that... but obviously you're not alone in your opinion given the number of people on here that have or want to get lowering springs...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Its not just you.....hence why I have ordered springs and the lip kit.

Welcome to the boards Semrau.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hehe... only took me two minutes.

On a side not, I tend to browse Scion forums more and more while Im awaiting my car.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Yea, and I just sit here at work and post cause it's easier than working...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well...I have a Flint Mica with the lowering springs. I only saw it briefly without them, BUT the other day, I actually parked next to a flint mica with the stock set up.

Yes, it could be owners pride, but I honestly have to say that the lowering springs are a necessity for appearance. Stock ride hight is a bit too high for my taste, and I'm not into modding.

the springs just give it a damn good stance, and make the car look that much more aggressive..

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Originally posted by ANTH521@Aug 19 2004, 06:49 AM
from reading numerous reviews, the wonderful people at scion decided to make it this way b/c it offers room for bigger rims (18's and 19's from the accessory list), as well as other accessories. It is my understanding that they left plenty of room for modification for those that want it.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I would rather have the ground clearance...

·
Registered
999 Posts
Even with the springs, is the tC is high enough so you don't have to drive at an angle over a speed bump? Or you have to turn. Don't want to scratch the bumper.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, ground clearance is my concern.

If I can have the dealer lower it a bit and not be completely paranoid about screwing up the underside of my car, then I'm all for it.

Otherwise, I'll just be happy with it sitting a bit higher, and being a little less scratched up.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I never really thought about ground clearance when wanting to get the springs. I hope it will not be too bad, because I like the look the springs give.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
It's not really speed bumps I'm concerned about, it's road hazards and debris. Hit a decent-size pothole and you'll notice a 2-inch difference in ground clearance...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
They shouldn't be...people were saying that they had somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 inches of ground clearance with the springs on...most speed bumps that I've come across won't reach that (although I did see these monstrous ones the other day...)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts