Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im thinking of buying the Tc light kit and shift knobs in the after market and install them myself, but i have no experience in doing so. Is it very difficult? are there nay tech guides on how to do so or does equipment come with a manual for installation?

thanks,
dave

·
Registered
409 Posts
hmmm looking at some of the pictures of the light kit, it seems to be just a bar or tube of light? In the actual pictures on the website it jus tlooks like everything is glowing? Is it just cuz the quality of that persons pic was bad or whats up? THe light kit seems sorta fun, but i dont want to get one if its just like a tube of light

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Should be getting my baby back this afternoon, with blue light kit installed...I'll post pictures.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you see the light bars when they are installed? I like them but i dont want to see the big bar strapped to the underside of the dash when im driving around.

thanx, josh

·
Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by Eric@Aug 27 2004, 02:44 PM
All of the dealer installed light bars I've seen are visible... so much so that I could see it from outside the car... I might try LEDs myself 

btw, welcome to the site
I have installed them myself and you do see them. There is nowhere else to install them so you don't. Just not possible with the way the tC under dash is laid out.

Please check out a previous post I added on installing the interior lights. They are not the easiest to install, but can be done.

Oh, and the emitters consist of 4 LEDs. The tube is used to carry the light across the bottom of the car. It acts like a reflector.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
614 Posts
i'm still waiting for my light kit.

·
Registered
299 Posts
the lighting kit from scion uses LEDs right? what about cold cathode light tubes? anybody have experiences with those and is the install visible as well? ... i don't really want them if the lights are easily visible when driving in daytime.. kinda takes the surprise out of having them glow up the car at night if you know its comin....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts