Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed as of late that I see more and more TC's here in Houston. A year ago when I got my TC I would see another TC 1 or 2 times a month usually on the highway. We would do the standard honk, wave and thumbs up to each other. Now I see about 5-10 a day almost every day. It seems that it is now as common place as the Camry.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I wouldn't say its as commonplace as the Camry but there are more and more. I understand what you're trying to say though, I liked it when I would always get turning heads but that was almost 17 months ago.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
^^^ I still think it's amazing that an M3 gets 333hp with a V6. It's in a whole different world from the tC... I wouldn't concern myself with trying to keep up with an M3.

As far as tC's being common... I don't see a whole lot of them, but I live in a fairly small town in a rural area. I only know of one other person in my area that owns one. I see quite a few xB's though.

I hope the tC doesn't become too popular. I know I'm a fairly new owner myself, but one of the main reasons I bought a tC was that they were somewhat uncommon and unknown. I just hope they don't turn into the new Civic of the sport compact world.

·
Registered
868 Posts

When I first got my car, I think I saw a grand total of 5 tC's within a small amount of time. An azure pearl in a parking lot @ the mall, an azure pearl at an intersection, a black sand pearl with 2 kids on the Blvd who couldn't shift to save their life, a black cherry going the other way on a divided road, a flint mica near my house (hot chick was driving it.. hehe), and my buddy who has a flint mica. If it weren't for his car, I haven't seen a tC on the road or in a parking lot in months. And I like it that way.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yeah, it's weird how you never see one until you buy one, and then they're popping up all over. This seems to happen with everything, not just tC's.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
those bastards! they should discountiue the tC right now!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Originally posted by buiboy88@Jan 4 2006, 05:52 AM
there are 7-8 at my high school and 2 that i know of in my neighborhood
hoes!? oh i know plenty of them.....oh...tCs.....well they're not as plentiful as hoes. and we still get suprised when we see a new one of those too
a honk and wave at them might get you jail time however, "john".

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Um, there are nowhere near as many tCs as Camrys. Not even close. I mean, not even the same ballpark. I think it's pretty safe to say there aren't even as many tCs out there as M3s at this point.

I also haven't really had the experience that others have had about the tC becoming so much more common. When I first got my tC, I would go months without seeing another. Now, I still only see a few a month. It's still a very uncommon car around here.

Oh, and about the M3 -- you can take comfort in the fact that you will still be driving your tC those weeks of the year where the M3 is in the shop.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by ALaS@Jan 3 2006, 11:24 PM
those bastards! they should discountiue the tC right now!
that would suck a lot. i make a good deal of my living of this car.

i see them around all the time here in sacto, and for the most part, no one will look sideways at me if i pull beside them in mine. there are a good number of tC owners out there, but a much smaller number of enthusiasts. i wonder if some of the people in stock tC's even notice i am driving what they are... but thats what mods can do to people who arent into them.
spekaing of which, as i was backing out of my driveway the other day in lo bux's tC, my neighbor looked over and shouted out that i had done a nice job with the paint since the accident. nevermind that rims are drastically different, the tint is blue on lo bux's, there is a lip kit on it, etc... i mean, how can you not see the difference in two cars? but, people cant.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Yup i see plenty here in Miami. Im slowly but surely modding mine so that theres no other tc exactly like it here. Plus, the ones i have seen are usually autos.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am seeing a lot more xB's here lately. I just read an article that stated again that Toyota does not plan to drastically increase its numbers of Scions. I think it said there are about 79,000 Scions on the road, but that tC's are starting to outsell xB's.

Inevitable, correct me if I have my figures wrong.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Scion sold 99,259 cars in the U.S. in 2004. We dont have a number for 2005 yet as year end just closed yesterday.
Jim Farley (VP) has been quoted as saying, "We could sell 125,000 Scions a year and still not have enough vehicles."
There are no plans to increase production further as of right now.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
but yes, the tC is overtaking the xB. no question about it. regardless, we are sold out of all three models at month's end.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.