Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i don't post here much but i read all the time. about 3 weeks ago now a guy decided to run a red light and turn left in front of me. i was going about 45 and he was going about 20. well, we hit head-on and needless to say, my car didn't survive. i was really suprised with how well the car held up though. i've been really sore, but i was able to get out and walk away. all the police/firefighters/guys at the dealership all were amazed that i was able to get out and walk away. the other driver had no seatbelt on and had to get medivac'd to the hospital (where he got to spend 2 weeks eating jello). i guess i just wanted to praise how well the tC held up, i doubt i would have been able to get out of many other cars the same way...

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
WOW

I am glad your alive!
I have not heard of one person dying in a tC in a crash.
The tC is VERY solid and safe.
In the words of D, "Ah, the selling power of non-fatal accidents."

One question: Do you happen to know what the other person was driving?

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'm glad to hear you're ok man. The tC deserves a medal of honor or something, it help up like a true champ.

Your accident aside, are you going to get the exact same tC, or are you going to get a different color, tranny, options, etc? Just curious. B/c if something happened to me like this (knock on wood), I think I'd change it up a bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
getting basically the same one, probably going to try to change it up a bit as far as what i do to it, but we'll see. the big difference is that i'm getting the side air bags this time, you know.... just in case (knock on wood)

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Glad you're okay, zeke. That must have been some impact, for a Civic to cause that kind of damage to your car.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Originally posted by JFBP4991@Jan 22 2006, 11:05 AM
WOW

I am glad your alive!

One question: Do you happen to know what the other person was driving?
well if the person died, their friends/family aren't gonna find this site and post "he/she lost her life in an accident"

so most likely, you won't hear about someone dying in a tC in a crash. xD and hopefully, we never have to.

haha but anyway, someone taking physics should work this out and see what the actual speed of the impact is.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Originally posted by doNna+Jan 22 2006, 04:55 PM-->QUOTE (doNna @ Jan 22 2006, 04:55 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-JFBP4991
@Jan 22 2006, 11:05 AM
WOW

I am glad your alive!

One question:  Do you happen to know what the other person was driving?
well if the person died, their friends/family aren't gonna find this site and post "he/she lost her life in an accident"

so most likely, you won't hear about someone dying in a tC in a crash. xD and hopefully, we never have to. [/b]
I know that. I am talking about, well in the news or online, or anywhere, I have never heard of anybody dying. After checking all the local police records, I found a few (probably about 6) accidents involving tC's and in NONE of them did the driver or any of the passengers die.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
That looks fixable

In all seriousness, glad you're okay, and hope you enjoy your new teaSee.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.