Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '05 tC got totaled in a crash. Looking to get an '06. Hindsight being 20/20 I now want to get some accessories that I didn't get at first with my original 2005. Just have some questions on whether it's smart to buy them now with the car or diy them later on.

I've heard the sub sucks so I won't get that, the mudguards I can do myself, I took all the carpets from the 2005 so I can save some money there, but I was thinking of adding on the foglights, and maybe the LED tail lights (I know they look bad, but I saw them on the black tC, and imho that's the only car they look decent on).

The lip spoiler I had before and I'm getting again, the scion security (which they didn't even get me the right one - long story) I am not getting but will get an aftermarket system (viper discussed here).

The sport steering wheel isn't worth it in my opinion for that cost, but what about the side air bags? Should I drop the $650 for those? My car got hit on the driver wheel and spun around 45 degrees... no one was any where hurt in the car (bruises). Maybe if I got hit on the door they would come in handy.

So what do you guys think? I'm trying to keep it under 19k if possible... what other things do you wish you had gotten or are glad you did for your tC? What's definitely NOT worth it?

·
Registered
445 Posts
door sill protectors...carbon fiber pillars...obx racing pedals...i wish i would have gotten those...and i will once i earn some of that stinking green stuff

·
Registered
203 Posts
My honest opinion, get anything that you know you'll want but can't get anywhere else (IE Side Airbags). Everything besides the side airbags can be had online for a lot cheaper, even after paying someone else to install time in a lot of cases.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I've narrowed my choices down to the rear lip spoiler and the fog lights. I'm still on the fence over the airbags but the car is getting damn expensive if I decide to throw in the Ground Effects Kit.

Had Black Sand Pearl - was gonna get it again same color but then I saw the damn Black Cherry Pearl... now I'm torn.

·
Registered
243 Posts
well i went the practical route. automatic tranny, and side airbags. theres my budget for accesories right there. most of the scion accessories are over priced so i would check elsewhere for most. also try to get a dealer who will let you exchange your tires for better ones for free, mine happily did it. (the potenzas are expensive but suck)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How difficult is it to install the ground effects kit? Looks pretty bolt-on but... is this something I can buy later for cheap and put it on myself?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.