Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy crap this car is absolutely amazing, i loved it driving around on city streets, fast or slow, smooth bumpy, the car makes even the simplest trips fun.

But yesterday, i found a whole new love for this machine, i drove on what has become a notoriously windy, dangerous, and poorly banked freeway in CA (Highway 17, goes right over the Santa Cruz mountains in about 45 miles starting in San Jose, ending at the beach)..

so anyways being that i had the 5 speed i was all ready to take advantage of this with all of the inclines and declines, little did i know that this car has great pick up even at 25000-3000 rpm, i was at climbing hills in fourth and sometimes 5th gear no problem!!! i was amazed at that. i also found that the car is surprisingly aerodynamic, in that i was able to coast for for long durations of time without losing very much speed at all...The braking on this car is amazing also.

as for the handling i was more impressed witht he solidity of the ride as well as the quietness, this thing was huggin turns...i had my lady friend in the car with me so i wasnt pushin too hard, but overall we both got out of the car at the beach and were looking at eachother saying..."theres the beach, u wanna drive some more?"

of course we went to the beach it was beautiful, and then we cruised back enjoying every moment of the ride, all while enjoying the standup comedy of teh late Mitch Hedberg...

oh and it should be kept in mind that my last and only other car was 1992 toyota pickup, so handling, braking, acceleration were never something i came to appreciate until now.

completely useless read to most, but i just wanted to vent in a happy way, i love this car more and more each time i drive it

·
Registered
11,890 Posts

Completely agree w/ ya there.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
I have always been impressed by the ability to put the car in 5th and drive. I really only use three gears most of the time, 1st, 3rd, and 5th, with the occasional 2nd gear start. But I really do like being able to just put it in 5th and drive like an auto, it's really great.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I wish I had discovered Mitch Headberg before he passed away. I would have loved to have seen him live, absolutly hilarious. I can't wait to hear his next clip on XM. ( I like Lewis Black as well, he's pretty damn funnt too.)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dont forget dane cook, or brian regan, shi* the list goes on and on...daniel tosh too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.