Scion tC Forums banner

Tc Factory Options

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  PeteyP 
#1 ·
Why does it seem that everyone buys the Tc without any options on it, then buys the parts and install it themselves? Yeah it's cheaper, but I didn't think there would be a warranty on the parts at that point from the dealer. I'm just asking, cause i'd like to know what someone paid for their Tc with all the options (i.e. Ground Kit, TRD springs, 18" rims) *ahem*, what i'm getting. And not just the $16500 figure the car starts with. Any answers would be much appreciated.

Also, how do u think a AP with Ground Kit, Lowered, on the 18's will look...It's what i'm planning...thx all!!

#2 ·
Let me tell you before nice before Jake yells at you. Please do a search. All of your concerns have been addressed. You'll piss a lot of people off if you dont search before you post. BTW, welcome to the site, good car choice.

#3 ·
i notice something different.

break our customers up into three even numbered groups.

33% take the car stock and never intend to do anything else.
33% take the car stock and intend to do thing themselfs
33% take the car with all the cool things we have to offer.

or something like that.

#6 ·
I hope this helps if you havn't already found your answer. I got a 2006 tC with the front side airbags, grounds kit, foglights, and the ped. spoiler. It cost me $20,000. Hope thats what you were looking for.

#8 ·
As far as the warranty goes, you don't damage your warranty by adding parts that are made for you car. Especially parts from Scion and TRD. You would actually have to damage the car to harm the warranty. You do save a lot by buying the accessories from one of the online stores versus buying them at the time of the vehicle purchase. Hope that helps.

Ken

#9 ·
Buy it with nothing, then order all the stuff you want from Ken. That's what all the cool kids are doing nowadays.

#10 ·
The only advantage I see for buying the "options" from the dealer at time of purchase would be to finance them into the final price of the car. Sometimes, for less experienced (with modding) people, that's a much more attractive option. Some people could also not be able to come up with the cash for the "options" they want after the fact.

That said, I went the "buy it stock" route and purchased/installed my "options" myself.

I got a FM 5 speed w/ side airbags for just a bit over $17K.

#11 ·
I ordered my car with options and was second guessing myself becuase my bf could have done them himself. Anyways, it was so nice when I pulled into the dealership and they brought my car around and it was already DONE (for now)...and it made it all worth it!

Anyways, I ordered it with:

Curtain airbags
fog lights
rear lip spoiler
ipod compatibility
ground effects
TRD exhaust...
I picked it up yesterday and the grand total was $21,000 after tax and all that stuff. I mean the ground effects were almost $1,000 and each of the other options were $260-$675 each.

#12 ·
U guys make a really good point about how ordering the parts after the car is bought saves money. However, i'm not sure, but if u install those parts urselves, even if they are toyota made (TRD), it could still void the warranty on that part alone. Usually, if it's not put on by the dealer, and purchased through the dealer, then who's to say when the part goes bad, that it wasn't ur fault because of a bad installation. My brother put a cold air intake by AEM on his Mazda 6, with only 8,000 miles on it....voids all his engine warranties..now if he has to go back to the dealer, he needs to take it off and put stock back on so they don't find out....That's the crap they do that i'm talking about....I'd ask ur dealer about that before purchasing and installing outside Toyota parts...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.