1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
129 Posts
LOL..bs. that rsx guy can come race me. i've killed base rsx's time and again. the driver of the tc cannot drive for #### even if his life depended on it. i did not hear the engine rev nor does the camera show the gauge from the tc. its a setup. on a roll, even if the base was to pull on the tc, it wouldnt be right away. that whole video is rigged or he's really racing a debadged type s. if its a legit race, then what are the mods of each car?

that was the outcome i had when i raced a type s with intake and exhaust. so i doubt that would be the same with a base. base rsx's are known to be slower than the ep si hatches and we know the tc is just as fast or even faster than the ep.. so ehh..

·
Registered
658 Posts
I saw that over scionlife. The kid posted the video. From what i read and from what i saw, i concluded that the tC was his 1st manual car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by airswipes@Jun 3 2005, 04:12 PM
LOL..bs. that rsx guy can come race me. i've killed base rsx's time and again. the driver of the tc cannot drive for #### even if his life depended on it. i did not hear the engine rev nor does the camera show the gauge from the tc. its a setup. on a roll, even if the base was to pull on the tc, it wouldnt be right away. that whole video is rigged or he's really racing a debadged type s. if its a legit race, then what are the mods of each car?

that was the outcome i had when i raced a type s with intake and exhaust. so i doubt that would be the same with a base. base rsx's are known to be slower than the ep si hatches and we know the tc is just as fast or even faster than the ep.. so ehh..
none of it was setup...we were really racing and no i dont have a type s

·
Registered
658 Posts
This is another situation just like the tC vs. Sentra SE-R. Some guy with Sentra SE-R raced a brand new tC in braking point on the highway ( the guys with the tC didn't know he was being raced ).And te guys from the Sentra forums were making fun of the tC until 2 guys ( i believe that the guy with the tC is a member of this forum ) with tC and Sentra SE-R put up a video with both cars racing form stop, while moving and all that and clearly showed that tC won. My point here is that we need those 2 cars with some decent drivers to race the cars ones then switch cars and race again. Until then i don't believe that a based rsx smoked a tC. That's my $0.02

·
Registered
658 Posts
BTW the video looked like the ones from top gear, where they show the car's preformance and the car with the camera is just there to keep up with the other car (the car with the camera is not racing ).

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yeah, that's BS. Any number of 4 things are happening here.

1- The tC is a auto ( I dont hear any reving pre-launch to say otherwise)
2- The RSX is a debadged Type S.
3- The TC driver can't drive to save a innocent kittens life.
4- It's a setup.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i don't know why everybody is getting so defensive

its a drivers race between the tc and the rsx

the rsx driver was the better driver, congrats to him. In no way is the TC a superior car to the rsx or the other way around other than the TC having a nice flat surface to "chat" with another girl

·
Registered
576 Posts
I don't think it's so much a case of getting "defensive" as it is correcting what is a blatant mis-representation of the tc vs. rsx.

·
Registered
129 Posts
ok, so i posted my opinion. i'm sorry if i offended anyone. did not mean to. thats just what my thoughts were. some may agree with me, some may not.

i suggest you find a better driver in a tc to race and make another video of that. and maybe even get some footage of the gauge and speed. cuz i mean, i can do the same thing with my co worker. he has an 05 base rsx 5speed but doesnt really know how to drive it. put the camera in his car to race me and i believe you know what will happen. then all the rsx guys will understand why we feel the way we do.

i guess the main point is you beat the driver. congrats on beating a newbie then. its good you can beat your friend, but when you conclude that the rsx > tc.. thats where you're wrong. and once again, i'm not trying to offend anyone. i'm just stating my opinion.

·
Registered
658 Posts
i suggest you find a better driver in a tc to race and make another video of that. and maybe even get some footage of the gauge and speed. cuz i mean, i can do the same thing with my co worker. he has an 05 base rsx 5speed but doesnt really know how to drive it. put the camera in his car to race me and i believe you know what will happen. then all the rsx guys will understand why we feel the way we do.

i guess the main point is you beat the driver. congrats on beating a newbie then. its good you can beat your friend, but when you conclude that the rsx > tc.. thats where you're wrong. and once again, i'm not trying to offend anyone. i'm just stating my opinion.[/b]
Very true. I agree with you.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes, I just hope that no one seriously believes that the race was fair at all.

But the facts are:

Both are manual
the driver in the tC sucks, I believe it's his first manual
There was not setup
and apparently someone else on another forum thinks the RSX is using N20...which is not true, it's just a bad driver on the tC. Supposedly the RSX guy is goin to have another friend drive the car and do some more runs

and it is a driver's race between the ep3 and base rsx and tC, there should be no clear winner

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by SilverRSXJezus@Jun 4 2005, 08:56 PM
Yes, I just hope that no one seriously believes that the race was fair at all.

But the facts are:

Both are manual
the driver in the tC sucks, I believe it's his first manual
There was not setup
and apparently someone else on another forum thinks the RSX is using N20...which is not true, it's just a bad driver on the tC. Supposedly the RSX guy is goin to have another friend drive the car and do some more runs

and it is a driver's race between the ep3 and base rsx and tC, there should be no clear winner
Hmmm... I raced my friend at the dragstrip. He has a base 05 RSX w/ 5spd, I have a stock tC (minus suspension/short shifter) w/ 5spd. He is a good driver (we've swapped cars and each time get close to the same times)... every single time we raced I beat him pretty clearly. We have it on video somewhere so I'll post it up (with us driving our own cars and then us swapping) if I can find it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.