Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys but, I love being a part of our elite Scion society. The fact that these cars are new, they're on backorder, everybody stares and everybody is talking about them. It don't get much better than that!

But I see Honda Civic's freaking EVERYWHERE!! I'm talking every 6th car I see is a Civic man!!! They're riced out, they're banged up, brand new and you see all walks of life driving those things. You guys think w/ the price range our cars are and the target demographic Scion is targeting our cars will be so mainstream it will lose it's lust such as my distaste for Civics???

·
Registered
614 Posts
it might get to that point, but before it gets out of hand, the tC won't exist anymore. rumor has it that scion will discontinue the tC in about 3 years. it is believeable because scion has always said that they don't want to redesign models, instead they want to replace them with something totally new. our cars are rare and we belong to an elite group now, but if/when that happens imagine how rare it will become to see a tC.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I'll keep my eyes open for anything about discontinuing the tC, cause at this rate I'll want to buy myself a new one from the last model year they produce...

·
Registered
13 Posts
That thought also crossed my mind. Since the tC is my first new car I figured if its good to me for a couple years why not stick with Scion and maybe trade up to their next masterpiece when it comes out. So if it does become the next civic (hope not) I'll have a head start on em' again.

(manual) silver streak - 1200 miles no problems

Is it just me or does the tC have really nice pick up from 70mph - 90mph. The speed limit on the highways out here are 70mph so I get great passing power from my car.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i dont think the tc will really ever become the next "civic" reason is. civic is commonly referred to as common rice w/ no power and a fart can. Seems most TC owners are into proper tuning, not 4" tip exhausts that sound like weedwackers on steroids.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I agree. I don't picture the tC ever becoming that popular. The civic has been around for like 20-25 years... if not more... the tC, what? 3 months. Scion... a year and a half? I just don't think people will buy from a company they don't know. May take some time before people realize that Scion is to toyota like Lexus is to toyota.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Civics are popular because...

It's cheap; as in price.
It gets good mileage.
Tons of rice[aftermarket] support for it.
And it's cheap; as in price.

When I was younger, I thought the plain ol' Civic was pretty cool since it looked like it was smiling (bumper grill gap). But ever since Fast and Furious had to pop into theatres, it opened my eyes to OTHER Civics (the rice'd ones) and I lost my taste for all Honda's cars, even though they are great in realiability and mileage.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
On the same note as what SilverX said, most people don't buy cars to tune them, and Civic buyers are no exception. Sure, lots of Civic owners tune their cars, but most Civic owners just buy them because they're cheap, reliable cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts