Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are still lots to be listed I'm sure, but I wanted to get this started in a single post since I see people asking fairly often. So below is a list of changes by year, if you see a mistake or want to point out a change post it and I'll get it in the list.

• Added steering wheel audio controls
  • Added optional iPod connector (radio w/ two knobs)
  • Added optional 8" sub-woofer
  • Changed standard radio w/ aux input (single knob)
  • Added SPEC package
  • Added 1-2HP (increased compression)
  • Added oil squirters to engine
  • Added passenger Airbag On/Off to the indicator on the HVAC
  • Added extensions to the visors.
  • Changed intake and MAF design
  • Changed exhaust header design
  • Changed TPMS system (in tire sensor)
  • Changed the circuit board layout for the HVAC
  • Side curtain airbags became standard
  • 8" Sub-woofer became standard
  • iPod/aux connectivity became standard
  • Added silver interior door piece
  • Changed Headlights (projection style)
  • Changed front grill style
  • Changed Taillights (Altezza style)
  • Changed dash light color from amber to orange
  • SPEC package discontinued
  • Added the "Max AC" function to the HVAC (indicated on the LCD screen and automatically turns on recirculate when on full cold and full fan).
  • Changed seat fabric
  • Changed gauge faces slightly. Mainly the red-line areas.

·
College Student
1,595 Posts
you're probably gonna jump on me for this lol, but i seem to remember, back in 05, my bros tC had a first aid kit. I remember him using it. Haha this is like the most miniscule thing. Guess i noticed it because I'm a first aider. hey i just thought of something. maybe we shud create a thread for "Common tC Problems By Year"

·
LED Maniac
2,967 Posts
first aid kits came standard for all years.. shouldn't be a change.
also.. you have 2007 listed as adding steering wheel controls when you already have it for 2006 (when the change was made)

also the iPod option was added in 2006.. not 2007... and the standard radio had ONE knob (which was a change.. '05s didn't have a volume knob..)
... the optional iPod deck had the two.

you forgot also '07s changed the visors to have the extension and the TMPS... you also hinted twoards the engine change.. but there's too much detail to really get into that..

no change from '08 to '09 expect for seat fabric... 2010 models.. meh.. absolutely nothing except maybe a new stereo system... sure..

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
09's have different seat fabric. and my old 06 had an aux imput. header design i think also changed a little bit on the 07s

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whew, I thought I might have a few mistakes because I did it quickly at work before I left. My bad, I'm glad for all the help though I think this can be useful once its more complete. I've updated with everyone's comments.

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
They changed the circuit board layout for the HVAC (not really noticeable to the user in that sense)
They added the Passenger Airbag On Off to the indicator on the HVAC
They added the cool feature of the HVAC lighting failing on many of them :p
Compression was raised as you mention and oil squirters were added

Dash lighting changed from amber to orange

Gauge faces changed a bit. Mainly the redline areas
Added the "Max AC" function to the HVAC that was indicated on the LCD screen and automatically turned on recirc when on full cold and the fan up. (Pretty sure this was 09 and not 08)

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
All tC's have one near the cubby and one in the console.

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
?? You dont have an outlet in the bottom section of the console? Should have a snap cover over it. Would be surprised if they had it in the other year models and not the 05... unless they removed it to add the ipod dock in 06/07?

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
There isnt an actual lighter in it, just the port to plug in a lighter style connector (phone charger, etc). Has a plastic cap to conceal it.

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
All tC's had an option for one. I think only the RS models had them by default, but I could be wrong there.

The 05s and I am pretty sure the 06's both used the bazooka sub. Somewhere after that I think it changed to the under floor unit that one of the RS units had? honestly cant remember on that one.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts