Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want HIDs then the bulb type for low beams are 9006.
High beams are 9005.

Catz And Philipps Make HID kits.

I myself don't know if Im going to get one, but just thought I'd post it up here if anyone does.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Does HID replace just the bulb or the whole system? I really want some HIDs but dont want to spend $300, how much for it?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Kits come with 2 ballasts, 2 starters, and 2 light bulbs. The kits are that much because if you got the components separately, it would come out to more.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
how much trouble to install? just a few wires? and are they street legal?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
HIDs are no longer street legal in Cali... unless it comes installed by the factory... like on the Acura TLs

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been wondering about street legality too, but I need to find the law or article that says it. I tried looking on the SEMA site, but it doesn't have anything for California. If you could please find the law against HID's can you please post it up here or another thread?

NVM- I found it
http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by tripeclipse@Aug 5 2004, 03:50 PM
I've been wondering about street legality too, but I need to find the law or article that says it. I tried looking on the SEMA site, but it doesn't have anything for California. If you could please find the law against HID's can you please post it up here or another thread?

NVM- I found it
http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html
Haha... I like this one...

Illegal lights, whether or not they are operating. It is illegal just to have them on the vehicle (24003 VC).

I wonder if flash lights count... lol

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by tripeclipse@Aug 6 2004, 09:23 AM
hehe I wonder if my Full-Size Mag Light would be considered a weapon?
Depends on what you intend to do with it...

I'm assuming "full size" means D batteries right?? Or like the ones the police carry around??

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by imasaf@Aug 6 2004, 09:42 AM
I'm assuming "full size" means D batteries right?? Or like the ones the police carry around??
The Quad D Size.
Silver too!
I would use it for finding my way around dark places, and occasionally beating someone to a pulp if needed...

·
Registered
4 Posts
man....those laws suck!!! i never knew there were so many of em....just never know when a CHP decides to be a jerk and cite someone for having a mod that's actually legal. had a friend who has the TRD exhaust system installed. it was okay with the CHPs during the day, but at night they gave him a fixation ticket for that...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Not to self, never live in cali...

their uptight bastards.

hell, if their were any more laws on what you can't do it would be illegal to drive a damn car.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Originally posted by tripeclipse@Aug 4 2004, 11:27 PM
If you want HIDs then the bulb type for low beams are 9006.
High beams are 9005.

Catz And Philipps Make HID kits.

I myself don't know if Im going to get one, but just thought I'd post it up here if anyone does.
Try and get the bulbs ive got they sell them of toyota thats the closest ive seen to HID ive got a thread witha few pics of it

·
Registered
154 Posts
in most states, PnP HID kits are illegal for on-road use, so keep that in mind when installing them. Most cops don't care, as long as its not too glare-y, or too obvious. I know most of the cops around here don't care, but I see them pull over people with purple HIDs all the time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts