Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp, took the tee-cee to the drag strip today with a bunch of members from the car club I'm in. All in all it was a awesome day, a bunch of people did their best runs ever (we attribute that to the cold-air and awesome track prep, which is rare for that drag strip). It was my first time EVER racing at the track, so I had a lot to learn
. I was consistently able to run 16.0-16.2 from ####ty launches, and the few times I misshifted going from 2nd to 3rd (went to 5th instead.... oopies) I would go as low as 16.8 or 17.0. Oh well, people make mistakes... Anyways, for what you guys are interested in.

My best times were....

*drum roll*

[email protected] and [email protected]

Now, this is what I've done as far as "mods" (besides short throw and suspension).
1) Removed the air resonator and replaced it w/ a PVC pipe plug.
2) Removed the air filter.
3) Removed all carpet from the trunk, the spare tire, and all foam that was there. Pure metal.

I did NOT remove any of the seats, and I'm sure I coulda done better doing so.

I got my two best runs on video, and once I'm given it I'll be uploading it to the web and posting here. Also, I'll try and scan the timeslips and post them ASAP.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Nice, very nice. can't wait for the vids. do you plan on doing any power mods? if so be sure you update those numbers for us.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definately gonna do power mods
I'm getting this semester while I'm at school (my co-op job pays for car + insurance) to cover power mods. I'll be getting the LSD and heavy-duty clutch ASAP. I'm probably going to end up turbo charging it after I do some engine and fuel management work. Also going to run my own ECU, MegaSquirtNSpark, one of the guys in the car club is an authorized dealer... so I'll be getting it and the install at-cost. He'll do an initial tune at a dyno for free

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You might have some gauge issues with aftermarket ECMs. I know the IS300 uses multiplexed gauge signals to reduce the size, weight, and complexity of the wiring harness. I believe (but have not validated) the tC uses the same technology. You might end up having to run the Megasquirt as a piggyback for fuel and spark (if it will do that). I know the IS tuners with a clue are using the HKS F-Con V as a piggyback to allow VVTi and the gauges (including the tach and speedometer) to work correctly. There are other good reasons for the F-Con V, but owner tunability isn't one of them.

Just some food for thought.

Congrats on the runs, those are respectable times for a production (not prepped for a magazine test) tC.

Here's a handy link for drag racers. Plug in your times and weight to figure out what your actual horsepower is...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.