Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving down the road, when a Cobalt went flying up on my a$$. Then, he went flying past me. So, I was like ok. I cought up to him at the next light. I followed him a little way, then dropped into second and ran past him. I then slow down and he went flying past me. I came up behind him at the next stop light. When the light hit green, I hit the gas. I was right on his a$$ first, second, and third, then he started to pull away. I didn't really get a good take off because my tires screamed on the take off. When I looked down I was going 80, that is when I let off. He keep on going, I would say close to 100 or 110. So, the Scion did pretty good until 60 mph or so. If I had the supercharger, this would have been one hell of a race to the finish.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have the superchager? I wish I did.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by filmnews@Oct 24 2005, 10:50 PM
Do you have the superchager? I wish I did.
The tC is at the dealer - picking it up tomorrow with SC installed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
There are dyno stats and pics posted on other threads. Has anyone taken their SC tC to the track and gotten some 0-60 and 1/4 mile times?

·
Registered
539 Posts
tC cant hang with cobalt SS's unless the cobalt driver sucks...Ive raced plenty with my stock tC manual...From a dig we even get beat down by 2nd gear...3rd gear theyre about 2 cars ahead...I know, I race a whole lot and know my car very well...

·
Registered
482 Posts
You cannot compare a N/A car to a supercharged car with more hp. Just not a fair comparison. Now a s/c tC vs. a cobalt ss would be even. I have the supercharger installed on my tC and I can tell you. It would be a helluva race. the s/c tC dynoed at 192whp and 172 wtq. This is about 225hp to the crank. I don't know what 172 wtq equates to. Cobalt ss is rated at 205 hp at the crank. I don't know if it was also underrated like the s/c tC. either way. the cobalt ss i believe has more torque. but i think the s/c tC has the cobalt ss beaten on the hp end. I'd put my money on the s/c tC. GO figure. the s/c gives the the tC top end power that it was missing before.

I love my supercharger! It feels good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That would almost always come down to a driver race. I'm really wondering if I should trade in my car for the tc. Hmmm Turbo Convert for a coupe. I been looking for awhile but was turned off by the lack of hp, and the lagging of trd for the sc. Now it's out so I have a big decision to make now. If I did get it, it would be awhile before I could get the SC.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally posted by Scion-tific@Oct 25 2005, 06:52 AM
You cannot compare a N/A car to a supercharged car with more hp.  Just not a fair comparison.  Now a s/c tC vs. a cobalt ss would be even.  I have the supercharger installed on my tC and I can tell you.  It would be a helluva race.  the s/c tC dynoed at 192whp and 172 wtq.  This is about 225hp to the crank.  I don't know what 172 wtq equates to.  Cobalt ss is rated at 205 hp at the crank.  I don't know if it was also underrated like the s/c tC.  either way.  the cobalt ss i believe has more torque.  but i think the s/c tC has the cobalt ss beaten on the hp end.  I'd put my money on the s/c tC.  GO figure.  the s/c gives the the tC top end power that it was missing before.

Hey bro im glad you told me those specs...If the tC gained around 65 more hp off the s/c thats nice...I might as well get an s/c next year...and Oh yeah, of course the tC would beat the cobalt SS until it governs even with the s/c bolted on...but for those stats 192 whp and 170tq, the cobalt ss cant touch...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Originally posted by bLAziN_ChEnGy+Oct 25 2005, 01:24 PM-->QUOTE (bLAziN_ChEnGy @ Oct 25 2005, 01:24 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Scion-tific
@Oct 25 2005, 06:52 AM
You cannot compare a N/A car to a supercharged car with more hp.  Just not a fair comparison.  Now a s/c tC vs. a cobalt ss would be even.  I have the supercharger installed on my tC and I can tell you.  It would be a helluva race.  the s/c tC dynoed at 192whp and 172 wtq.  This is about 225hp to the crank.  I don't know what 172 wtq equates to.  Cobalt ss is rated at 205 hp at the crank.  I don't know if it was also underrated like the s/c tC.  either way.  the cobalt ss i believe has more torque.  but i think the s/c tC has the cobalt ss beaten on the hp end.  I'd put my money on the s/c tC.  GO figure.  the s/c gives the the tC top end power that it was missing before.

Hey bro im glad you told me those specs...If the tC gained around 65 more hp off the s/c thats nice...I might as well get an s/c next year...and Oh yeah, of course the tC would beat the cobalt SS until it governs even with the s/c bolted on...but for those stats 192 whp and 170tq, the cobalt ss cant touch... [/b]
Hold your horses there buddy.

I was just reading another forum.. Apparently the cobalt ss was underrated as well. Supposedly the stock Cobalt SS dynoed at 219whp. This is equal to 255hp at the crank. SS also has more torque. But its still a Chevy and I wouldn't trade my s/c tC for it anyday.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if the Cobalt did get beat by the SC tC simply because of a matter of gearing. I would assume the Cobalt would not have the kind of low gearing that the tC has, but i have yet to do any research to lean one way or the other.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by Scion-tific@Oct 25 2005, 06:52 AM
You cannot compare a N/A car to a supercharged car with more hp. Just not a fair comparison. Now a s/c tC vs. a cobalt ss would be even. I have the supercharger installed on my tC and I can tell you. It would be a helluva race. the s/c tC dynoed at 192whp and 172 wtq. This is about 225hp to the crank. I don't know what 172 wtq equates to. Cobalt ss is rated at 205 hp at the crank. I don't know if it was also underrated like the s/c tC. either way. the cobalt ss i believe has more torque. but i think the s/c tC has the cobalt ss beaten on the hp end. I'd put my money on the s/c tC. GO figure. the s/c gives the the tC top end power that it was missing before.

What are you talking about? Of course you can...

You compare stock vs stock, or modded vs modded

This is the exact argument that the RSX fanboys use.

"But the SRT-4 is turbo AND .4 L bigger engine, so if i put a turbo on the RSX i'll smoke it"

Sure...but it's not a valid comparison anymore, in my opinion.

And the cobalt is underrated like the SRT-4, it gets around 200-210 whp.

I need more info on how the S/C tC runs to say anything about how close the two cars are....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.