Scion tC Forums banner

target: civic si coupe

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  sarsipius 
#1 ·
i love my car. its bone stock right now. no performance enhancers. at about 1130 last night i was coming down I80 into rocklin and a blue civic si with a coffee can pipe sticking out the back decided to try to flex on my tC. i think its going to be like that for a while, the whole new kid on the block thing, everyone is going to want to pick a fight and try to put the tC in its place. running side by side in fifth after about 5 minutes of tagging each other, i dropped to fourth and watched his headlights go from beside me to my rearview mirror, and about 3 car lengths back. popped into fifth, backed off, to let him pull beside again. i guess he didnt want to, cause he took the next offramp.
put my tC in its place? well, apparently its place last night was in front of that si. man, that torque sure is nice for getting away from someone. the 99 si puts up a paltry 111 lb ft at 7000rpm.

tC: 1
si : 0

See less See more
#4 ·
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jul 10 2004, 04:58 PM
popped into fifth, backed off, to let him pull beside again. i guess he didnt want to, cause he took the next offramp.
hahaha.. i think he wanted to take the longgg way home.

sweet kill

#5 ·
Sounds good man. I have a ton of friends that are already lookin to race me and I dont even have the car yet LOL. So far the list is this:
03 Lancer EVO
03 WRX
00 SI
01 Trans AM WS-6
95 Civic Ex w/GSR
02 RSX Type-S

Well 1 or possibly 2 outa 6 aint bad

#6 ·
^^ 2 out of six should be achieved. until you supercharge it. then you could take a couple more. even that pesky type-s will need to be having a really good day to play with you then.

#7 ·
looking at the stats sheet it's kinna aparent the tC's made to compete directly with the RSX. The differences are mostly price...and unless when they offer the supercharger they offer a 6 speed, 1 gear will be the difference from a type S. And really, that extra gear doesn't help much in the FUN driving, where you barely ever get out of 4th. what kinna driving do I mean? Well of course some japanese downhill drifting

#8 ·
I say totally wait for some company to make a turbocharger with big gains it will be so much better then a meisly 40 hp at the flywheel with TRD's supercharger, thats my plan anyways.

#9 ·
So AWD, you rollin with the PINK sti strut bar?

The tC will compete with most cars in it's class. I wouldn't say that the WRX isin it's class being boosted. Did you have an aftermarket boost controler? Have any problems with it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.