Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was kicking it over at a friend's place a minute ago... on my way home (about 130) on florin rd here in sacto i hit a stoplight. revving up next to me as he comes to a stop at the light is a white civic hatch. my first inclination was to let it go, but as the opposing light turned yellow i hear him rev to meet a good launch rpm. i follow suit. light goes green, i mash the skinny pedal on the right. his tires lose traction and i am off and running. by the time we clear the intersection i am a car length in front. banging through gears i find 80 and back down. he is a distant set of headlights. i break obviously, to let him know i am waiting for him to pull up. he does at the next light, mumbles something about not wanting to race (as i think, then why did you spin rubber trying to outpace me last light?) and he hits it as i am looking over towards him, not paying attention to the light. it turns green and his i dont want to race attitude turns into another display of tire squealing. little bastard. i got on it again, got past him, and as he faded out he turned right - never saw him again. once when i was ready for him, and then again when he got the drop on me, i handed him his ass. punk.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
As I've said before-- beware. For every 10 wannabe-raceboys piloting crappy econobox Hondas, there's one guy with a B18c5 swapped into a DX coupe, or a guy with an H22 in a primered CX hatch.

When your 160hp and 3000lbs meets his 220hp and 2200lbs, it will not be pretty. But hey, you'll look better no matter what.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^ that is perfectly accurate. i have a number of my friends with eng swapped sleepers, and they are just waiting for the next guy to get frisky. good thing for me, i am never afraid to lose. thats just part of playing with people. if i get beat (which i have) i will give the guy or girl (yes, i have been skooled by a chick once) a nod and smile, and a thumbs up. i am never angry with anyone who beats me. and i recognize my place when someone puts me in it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I went racing on Friday night in my Maverick trying to get a new carburetor dialed in. Last pass of the night they lined me up with a very unassuming looking red 90's Civic hatchback. Only clue was some slicks up front. I figured it would be the usual story where I pretty much make a pass by myself down the track and then have to wait awhile before turning out since I was in the far lane. Imagine my suprise at about the 330' mark when he walked away from me! Now my car was way off pace running in the 12.30-12.40 neighborhood, but I can't blame the carburetor for losing to him. 11.74 was his time! Quick little Honda.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by iRoq@Aug 20 2005, 02:22 PM
a lot of honda drivers' mouths are bigger than their engines...
i can vouge for that...i had one before i got the tC.but mine was all show not really a racer

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
shoot drivin down florin road, u might have raced two totally different civics that looked exactly the same. florin road in sac = 1 civic for every 3 cars

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^^ that is very true. and one of the other two is probably going to be an integra.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Well yeah...To all the HONDA haters on here I Kinda disagree with ya...I own an 06 tC myself and to thrash on civics but I met one today...92-95 primered hatchback at a red light...light went green and I couldnt see his tailights anymore til he slowed down and I finally caught up...turns out he had an h22-jdm version....he hit 13.5 qtr mile he says and we take off again and I exit because I cant see him anymore...Im all stock and manual...Nice kill for him...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.