Scion tC Forums banner

Target : '02 pontiac grand prix

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  wolo 
#1 ·
the problem (well, one of them) with the grand prix is it weighs 800 pounds more than my tC. so we do a little math. and we find that the tC has a power to weight ratio of 18:1. thats 18 pounds of car for every 1 HP. and 17.7 pounds per 1 lb-ft of torque. considering the corvette packs a 10:1 ratio, we have some work to do. but, the grand prix weighs in at an atkins-unfriendly 3500 lbs. so running the 3.1 liter non-s/c V6 (175 HP / 195 lb-ft torque) means that all that displacement is for nothing. a 20:1 HP ratio. good so far for me. and a 17.9:1 torque ratio. still good. and the ability to drop my clutch like a bad habit and mash down as the light goes green apparently is good for me, too. he wanted to get me off the line so he could cut me off to make the freeway onramp, a cloverleaf to the right. after asserting myself and thinking i had the spot secured, i backed off and waited for him to move in behind me for the 25mph onramp. i shouldnt have slacked off, cause he hit it real quick while i was giggling and cut me off for the onramp. dammit. didnt i just show him that physics (and me behind the wheel) is a motherf#cker? guess not. so i passed him at 55 on outside lane around the onramp, moved over in front at the end of it, and stretched gears out of the corner until i was certain he had no hope (112mph). backed off, set the cruise and racked one up for me and my tC.
dude finally caught up and passed me like i had it in reverse. i let him go, cause i had done what i needed to. won.
and he lost twice, cause i slowed way down and waved as i went by the cop who was rocking his BMW 1100 off the side stand and hitting the lights to chase the guy. the cop zipped past me without a second glance, and the brakelights on that grand prix lit up. too late. radar wins the round. sorry, buddy. everyone has their place. get in yours.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
and the impound fee. cause triple digits in this state gets you an instant tow, and a reckelss driving conviction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.