Scion tC Forums banner

Tall People Can Drive This Car

8K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  ycart1201 
#1 ·
I've been reading different things on the net saying that the inside isn't very spacious and that tall people won't be able to fit in it comfortably. Well, they are wrong. I am 6'6" and I got my tC last week, and I fit in it very comfortably, even in the passenger seat too. I even jumped in the back to check out how spacious it was, and I fit in the back too (of course I wouldn't want to ride in the back for a long period of time.) So unless you are taller than me, I don't think you would have a problem with this bad boy.

#2 ·
hey noteri..
i 2nd that.. i'm 6'6 as well.. 245lbs.. and fit great into the tC.. that was my biggest concern of this car.. i did find that some dealers took the seats out to scotchguard them.. and when they put the seats back in, they messed up the height adjustment. and i wasn't able to fit in the car, my head hit the roof, even with the seat all the way down.. Luckily the dealer i'm going to, doesn't touch anything unless you ask them.. and i was able to tilt my head back and touch the headrest.. and had about 2 inches above my face.. plenty of room..
i had to recline the back of the seat back about 5 clicks.. but that works.. and i am impressed.. finally a seat that actually FITS my back!! I didn't want to get out after the test drive.. just sat there..

so i'm right there with ya.. it's about time they made cars a little bigger.. i don't care to have to drive a huge lumbering SUV.. just so i can fit in a vehicle..

what I also noticed about this car, is when you get in.. it's like a glove.. just surrounds you.. kinda cool.. my old civic you were just sitting there driving a car, but the tC is like you ARE the car.. way cool..

the rear? i tried it.. and it wasn't prettyfor me.. i think someone who is up to about 6 feet tall would be okay..

what color is your car? let us know how your experience goes.. they just located mine.. be about 2 weeks before they get it in on a delivery..

#3 ·
fellas, I too have also experienced the lies that car reviewers have said about my future car. I'm 6'3" and found the tC to fit like a glove. Once I sat in the drivers seat I didn't want to get out (even though there was a wait to take a test drive). I especially like the reclining front and rear seats to make that lounge area when sitting in the back. Can't wait until two things: MADDEN 05 in the car and the tC itself. One more thing the Supercharger when it arrives at the dealership

#4 ·
Glad to here I am not alone on this.....I have a flint mica. Came in last Friday so i have had it for 5 days. The whole thing about fitting like a glove is soo true....I said that the first time i drove it, it feels like the seat contours to yourself.....awesome...awesome...awesome.

#6 ·
Same thing here, and dont worry .......the biased reviews are not limited to the tC when it comes to head room. I ALWAYS encountered people who stared in astonishment as I climbed out of my Mustang........which has long been rumored as a tiny little car inside, complete B.S. just like the Scion.

#7 ·
i had a Ford Taurus before it was totaled....I am now waiting for my Tc just like many others on this web site. I did find the Tc to be a bit cramp, but not too uncomfortable. I know its nothing like my Taurus, so I don't expect the same type of space. however, I do love the leg room and head clearance for the back seat after reclining it. I am only 5'9" so I find it easy to seat back there for a long road trip...(however, I doubt I'll be sitting back there much)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.