Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This wednesday I'll be taking my car to the strip to get a few runs in while it's still stock. I'm HOPING to break 16 seconds, but I probably won't. I'll be there with a couple friends... one has a '00 Jetta that's pretty heavily modified and runs mid-14's. The other is a '98 Prelude that's stock and runs high 15's. There may be videos...there may be pictures...there may be nothing but a follow-up post; I can't promise anything.

If anybody would like to donate a supercharger or turbo there WILL be pictures and videos

·
Registered
614 Posts
hey let us know how you do. it would be nice to know how fast our cars are stock

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Eric@Aug 31 2004, 08:18 AM
Zygote, what strip are you going to?
sac raceway, I believe. I'm going with some friends from work, so I'm not totally sure where we're going.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
If you get every shift right and perfect you will get a 15.7 like i did. And thats what the car is supose to do. I took it to a local 1/8th mile track and i ran a 10.084 so i think now i might be able to run a lil better in the 1/4 due to some other stuff done to my car. But you should do fine.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Originally posted by chenzstc05@Oct 7 2005, 12:12 AM
Well If there is it's govern mine doesn't work i had mine at 135 on the parkway i have 5 speed it was geared out so not speed governed to let you all know
I have had mine up to 130 so i dont think mun e works either.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
You did not have your car going 130 or 135.....the speeedometer is mighty unstable at those speeds, the computer stops your car from going faster...it is not a point of it working or not...

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally posted by bluesciontc+Oct 7 2005, 01:45 AM-->QUOTE (bluesciontc @ Oct 7 2005, 01:45 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-chenzstc05
@Oct 7 2005, 12:12 AM
Well If there is it's govern mine doesn't work i had mine at 135 on the parkway i have  5 speed it was geared out  so not speed governed to let you all know
I have had mine up to 130 so i dont think mun e works either. [/b]
thats bull...me and my cousins 5spd tC can only go 127 mph....governed out...

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
Same here. 127. That's all there is without reflashing the ECM.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Be careful at Sac Raceway. They matched me against a red line a M3 a Sti heavily modified (533hp dyno sheet to prove it) and a 12psi turbo 01 prelude. It wasn't pretty and if you get a good reaction time you should be able to hit mid 15's if you hesitate it will be more like low 16's. It's a nice track but the the compition is brutal. I'm going in the next few weeks so maybe I'll see you there.

·
Registered
542 Posts
anybody notice this topic started last august (2004)?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts