Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys (and girls
) think about the sylvania silverstar headlight bulbs? i've heard that they don't burn out your wiring and they don't melt your headlight housing like some cheap bulbs do. are they really worth it, or do they just give the illusion of brighter, whiter light like the cheap blue coated bulbs do?

·
Registered
299 Posts
i was thinkin of getting the silverstars as well... and some blue LED bulbs for parking lights
if anybody has that same setup and would like to post pix i'd appreciate it

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Are they whiter? Yes.
Are they worth $40? No.

I already had a set from my other car, so I'll use em till they burn out, and will never buy them again. tC headlights are bright enough.

·
Registered
299 Posts
hrmmm $40 is a lot of money.. that's more than mudguards!! .. i still do want the blue LED parking lights

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by joshmoney@Oct 12 2004, 04:41 PM
Excellent post by panasoanic in this thread (click here).

late
I read the post & I was completely shocked... I never would have thought that about those.... but I guess I won't ever buy SilverStars.

Only 6 days left to tC!

·
Registered
299 Posts
haha 6 days?? 6 days til my first day at work!! AHHH..
GO EAGLES

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i didn't know that the silverstars were coated. that's why i was considering them. oh well, never mind about getting them then. i know how bad the blue coated ones can be. they reflect off of fog and rain and blind you. besides red (which is illegal) the best bulb color is yellow. that's why the stock halogens are yellowish. the stock ones are actually just fine. brighter would be worse anyway because it doesn't blend in with everyone elses out there. i don't want to stand out to the poilce at night....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.