Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the popularity of the Sylvania SilverStar headlight bulbs, I decided to give them a try. They do give off a more white light than the stock bulbs and they're not blue like a lot of the other brands. So, I have to say that I'm happy with them since it's a subtle improvement. I couldn't tell if they're brighter than stock, but they proved to do the job quite well during a several-hour trip at night

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have them installed on my tC also. I first used them on my talon, and love them. Have a nice white light quality, and long lasting too. a tad expensive, at around $18.99 a bulb, but worth it. As far as being brighter than stock... I dont think so, I may just give the illusion of being brighter because its whiter/more pure light.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yep, thats how they look. put a set in last night at work. much better light. my brother is coming up to get a set for his tacoma he likes them so much. thumbs up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah, I have a set of those SilverStars myself. Not blue, everything on the road is bright white, hell, everyone coming in the opposite direction flashes their highs at me cuz they think I have my highs on! Little pricey at about $18 a bulb, but well worth the money!!! I think anything better and you would have to do an HID conversion!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I like the look of the silverstars, but i returned them. All i had were the highbeams. I bought some xd5 low and high beams for cheaper. And personally, I like the look as well. Gives a clear white with a hint of blue. But don't get me wrong, Silverstars are great products as well, just a lil pricey.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Funny enough, the silverstars were my first "mod". I got my tc, and literally drove directly to pepboys to buy the highs/lows and installed them in the parking lot. IMO, they give off a significantly brighter/whiter light. Objects in the path of the lights are very crisp looking and road signs are clearer and easier to read. What a difference over normal halogens. I think they are very much worth the price. Plus, the tc looks great with them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
one of my silverstars just blew out on sat. now i am getting the piaa's like i should have in the 1st place. they are brighter than halogen though. eventually i will do the hid conversion.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I also enjoy the look of the SilverStars, however I had both low beams blow within 5 months. Highs are still on the car, but I very rarely use them.

·
ex-06'er
1,124 Posts
I used to always vouch for these, but after my last set lasted less than 3 months, I don't think I'll ever buy them again. At that rate, I'd buy about two HID sets over the course of the year for all I'd spend on Silverstars.

·
Registered
132 Posts
QUOTE (patrickdubya49 @ Apr 4 2007, 08:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=298103
I used to always vouch for these, but after my last set lasted less than 3 months, I don't think I'll ever buy them again. At that rate, I'd buy about two HID sets over the course of the year for all I'd spend on Silverstars.[/b]
i agree, they do burn out quick. i have not tried them on the tc, but in my truck, they lasted around 5 months before they got dull and needed replacement. Kragen exchanged them for free, through .

·
Registered
508 Posts
honestly i think it depends on the vehicle you use them in. or atleast that is the conclusion i have come to. for example: i use to have an S-10 that i used them in. i had the truck with them in it for 2 years and sold the truck with the bulbs still in it. no problem. i had a passat with them in it for over a year with no problem. the passat had them in the headlights and foglights.

i tried them in my tc and had the same problem as all of you. they burnt out in a couple of months. my fiance use to have a mazda protege5 that they kept burning out in. some of my friends used them in there cars with no problems. just wierd in my opnion.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
I've bought so many pairs of silverstars for my accord back in the day (only because I had a crazy discount). The bulbs burn out fast and if they don't, the white color fades to a yellowish nasty color with the quickness.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts