Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally ordered the sway bar (my tC is the 5-spd). I looked through the topics and it appears that the consensus is to use the race setting.

Is that what I should do? Or should I used the street setting?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

·
Registered
999 Posts
Just go for what you feel. They say street barely add on any stiffness, but hey... you need to feel it for yourself.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by gtalord@Sep 25 2004, 08:38 PM
one thing....if u install the sway bar, the instructions say to check the alignment of the rear wheels...(camber, caster i think), do you really have to do this?
Gotta be honest and say I don't rightly know.

Here is what I think. If the car is up on a lift, the tires will hang. Once you loosen the sway bar, they are loose and may get out of alignment. I'll have mine on ramps, so there won't be any moving around. Of course, I don't know how the sway bar will fit.

That is about as good of a SWAG I can give you for now until I do it!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Race setting vs. Street setting: Dan, it takes 2 minutes to move from one setting to another, without jacking up the car or even taking the wheels off - so put it on street, drive around for couple of days, then move it to race. I'm pretty sure you'll love it on race, though

Yeah, and don't forget about springs

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just put mine on myself recently and I put it up on ramps and my car drives straight as usual. The bar is currently on street and I do feel the difference from the stock bar next week I will try race.
Here's a tip when you do it yourself and the car is on ramps disconnect the exhaust hanger by the swaybar it makes it easier putting it on and taking it off.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by falcon9094@Sep 28 2004, 09:53 AM
Here's a tip when you do it yourself and the car is on ramps disconnect the exhaust hanger by the swaybar it makes it easier putting it on and taking it off.
Thanks falcon9094! Will do!

Cheers!

·
Registered
299 Posts
hrmm... how easy is the swaybar installation for a newbie like me?

·
Registered
299 Posts
so pretty cut and dry eh??? COOL
all i need is a drill so i can install mudguards...

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
You know that when I call dealerships around town here for the sway bar install I'm almost met with a blank stare? Sheesh. You think I was speaking a foreign language over here.
Kansas....the land of incompetent mechanics???? Some of you need to move here.....grrr.

·
Registered
299 Posts
be like me labfish and do it yourself
i'm a total n00b when it comes to car modding ... but hey.. the things u can do yourself why the hell not?? it's all part of learning

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Why women live longer than men.....

I'll let the dealer jack up my car

·
Registered
614 Posts
is the sway bar useless without the trd springs? or will it still make a big difference with the stock springs?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Trust me, it makes a big difference, especially in a 5-spd! One should kick Toyota for not making it standard!

Cheers!

·
Registered
299 Posts
well i hope i wouldnt have to get the TRD springs too.. cause that cost a lot of money and i sure as hell wouldnt know how to install them..... i'd be too afraid my axle would fall off and there goes my car heh... and paying the dealer to do it would cost even MORE .. :/

TRD springs over stock springs.. other than lowering the car.. what are the advantages??? sorry im hijacking and changing topic.. :/

1 - 20 of 20 Posts