Scion tC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the stock tC's taking SVT Focus's? Coming from a standard focus, I know it was slow, but I never drove the SVT. I have seen a few SVT's on the road lately, more than normal, and am sure I'll get buzzed by one sooner or later, it would be nice to just smile and know I have the upper hand....

·
Registered
895 Posts
I almost traded my 2001 Dodge Neon in on a SVT Focus. I don't know what I was thinking. Let me do some research.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Looks like the stock SVT run in high 15's and low 16's. Yes, I think you can beat one. Here is the link SVT

·
Registered
28 Posts
SVT Focus really isn't a strait line car.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Drivers race...Im serious both cars are very even...tC Im sure loses top end though...The SVT Focus has Zetec (Same thing as Vtec)...which helps top end

·
Registered
113 Posts
I agree, driver's race. Who cares.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by 06TCDriv3r@Jan 15 2006, 04:24 PM
The SVT Focus's arent anything to brag about! the tC can take it any day of the week as long as you can drive well enough.
You mean as long as the race ends at 1/4 mile. Notice their speed at the end of the 1/4? 90+? That means it's going to catch and pass you by 1/2 mile. Be careful saying it's an easy win.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by bLAziN_ChEnGy@Jan 17 2006, 11:22 PM
Drivers race...Im serious both cars are very even...tC Im sure loses top end though...The SVT Focus has Zetec (Same thing as Vtec)...which helps top end
VTEC and ZTEC are NOT the same. VTEC is a system that electronically varies cam timing, lift and A/F ratios (variable valve timing and lift electronic control. "ZTEC" is just the name of the engine Ford put in the Focus, ZX2, etc. It has NO variable lift/timing/cam control.

Also, the SVT focus is a low 15 second car with a decent driver, but as with any slow FWD econo-box high 15s, low 16s are prevalent due to the average driver being a teenage tard.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by SVTfocus@Aug 12 2006, 05:42 PM
This thread makes me laugh
All 15 second cars make me laugh.

Also... shouldnt there be a rule about signatures and picture sizes? *some* people's signature pics are REALLY annoying. BTW "keeping score" in your signature is super lame.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Originally posted by MisterMister@Aug 12 2006, 11:37 PM
Also... shouldnt there be a rule about signatures and picture sizes? *some* people's signature pics are REALLY annoying.
There is but it doesn't seem to be enforced. My wife happed to look over and see Filmnews's sig and she said "what the hell are you looking at?" She couldn't care less really but the fact is, if you can see a sig pic from across a room, yeah... it's pretty big.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello...not to be a troll, But I have a 2004 SVT focus. I have a buddy with a Release Series 1 (auto) Tc, with the TRD exhaust. We went to the track, and he was running 16.4 average. I was running 15.8's. I have a few mods....intake, shifter, High flow cat, stiffer motor mount. I am not sure how much the Tc's auto tranny slowed him down, but he DEF was slower than me. just thought I should let ya know from an SVT drivers perspective. His build number is 2105 I believe.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
From what I understand, manual tCs also run high 15s stock. If you're running high 15s with an intake, cat, and short-shifter, you'll understand if stock to stock, odds are the manual tC takes it.

Thanks for the info, too. Hope you'll hang around the boards!

·
Registered
2 Posts
no problem....I like the look of the Tc's so I can't hate.....

yeah, i would like to run with a 5-spd TC.....my buddy wanted a 5-spd, but he said they only made 15 of them or something in the RS.1 special edition, and he couldn't find one, so he got the auto.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
That is definately weak. I was told something like that too when I was searching for my tC. Try to find a 5spd and race him ;-)

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
there were more than fifteen manuals out of the bunch. i sold 3 manuals (and 5 autos) at my shop alone.
regardless, i have seen an tC with nothing but new tires run a 15.5, so it can be done by a competent driver.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
lance was kind enough to break it down in another thread.

Originally posted by lo bux
It stands for '02 ZZW30 with 1ZZ-FE engine, left hand drive, MR2, convertible, 5 speed sequential, grade G, DOHC and SFI, destination USA, Spectra Blue Mica.
so, an 02 MR2 spyder with a 5 speed sequential manual, in the same blue that came on the RS 2.0 xA.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.