Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud owner of a new tc release series and I love the car. The car overall handles great, but there does seem to be a fair amount of body roll when cornering. I was wondering what would be the best way to control that. I was thinking about the TRD springs and rear swaybar setup or I was also considering the Hotchkis front and rear sways. I'm not really interested in the exterior enhancements of dropping the car, but more performance gains. Also, I see a lot of dealers selling the Hotchkis sways but I'm not sure if they are under the same warranty as the trd stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Coilover's are always a performance minded way to go, but are expensive. The TRD springs will work without having to switch out the shocks also, and will lower you 1.25 inches I believe. The rear sway bar will be alot more noticible in body roll than a front strut bar. I'm a fan of being able to take a corner without any roll, but at some point you have to start thinking about how hard you want your suspention to be.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the TRD suspension in my Tc. I have the struts, springs and the rear sway bar, along with the D.C. sports front strut bar. The car handles great now, I have no complaints. As far as warranty is concerned if it ain't TRD its not covered. But if there is ever a dispute in warranty coverage, they have to prove to you (in writing) why the claim is being denied.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Originally posted by maxpower@Jun 11 2005, 11:42 AM
I am the proud owner of a new tc release series and I love the car. The car overall handles great, but there does seem to be a fair amount of body roll when cornering. I was wondering what would be the best way to control that. I was thinking about the TRD springs and rear swaybar setup or I was also considering the Hotchkis front and rear sways. I'm not really interested in the exterior enhancements of dropping the car, but more performance gains. Also, I see a lot of dealers selling the Hotchkis sways but I'm not sure if they are under the same warranty as the trd stuff. Any help would be appreciated.
They're not under the same warranty coverage as TRD's because TRD is covered by Toyota. Hotchkis has their own warranty on their products. You do not automatically void your warranty by installing aftermarket parts that are made for you car. The only time a warranty would not be in effect is if the install was improper or if the product was defective and damaged your car. Regardless, a Dealer cannot just say your warranty is voided because of the parts. They must prove that the aftermarket part or a bad install caused the problem.

Ken

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just bought the hotchkis springs, and decided to just have them installed at the dealer. Hotchkis makes quality products, so that way if anything goes wrong, its the dealer's doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.