Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm about to be a Scion owner but not sure what I want to do with the suspension. I have a Honda Civic now dropped on coil overs with 40 profile tires, and rides rough as can be. Can't stand it anymore. So does anyone know if the 18's and TRD springs and struts will give me the same problem. I know they're springs not coil overs, so should be better, but with a 40 profile tire, it's gonna be pretty dang bumpy i thought. Also, do u think with that setup a long with the ground effects kit, that i'll bottom out over bumbs or rub the fenders? Any feedback would be much appreciated...BTW, love this site, u guys are great!!

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Scraping won't be a problem as long as you take those big bumps nice 'n slow and one tire at a time. I have 17s, but with the shock/spring/rear-sway combo. Ride quality didn't suffer a bit imho.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Originally posted by PeteyP@Jul 12 2005, 04:44 PM
Hey guys, I'm about to be a Scion owner but not sure what I want to do with the suspension. I have a Honda Civic now dropped on coil overs with 40 profile tires, and rides rough as can be. Can't stand it anymore. So does anyone know if the 18's and TRD springs and struts will give me the same problem. I know they're springs not coil overs, so should be better, but with a 40 profile tire, it's gonna be pretty dang bumpy i thought. Also, do u think with that setup a long with the ground effects kit, that i'll bottom out over bumbs or rub the fenders? Any feedback would be much appreciated...BTW, love this site, u guys are great!!
Hi Petey,

Welcome to our tC world. Here's some info on the TRD Suspension on our site as well as Hotchkis. Hope that helps.

http://www.trdsparks.com/displayparts.php?...11&parts_id=325

Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.