Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i was wondering how much the S/C will change the 0-60 time.......... hopefully bring us into the 6's right??????

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I'm sure it would. I'd say somewhere around a 6.4 or lower. But Its hard to say. It depends on the launch and your tires. Since we don't have an LSD, locking up with that much more power could prove to be quite hard.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Frostbyte, sry i dont remember what you said your name was, im Greg, from Orchard Park. Have you seen many TCs around?, i saw one by the galleria Mall a few days ago, first one that ive seen on the road though!, Get your exhaust yet??? hows does it ride with the new one?

·
Registered
936 Posts
yes definitley mid-6 second material. I think the s/c will bring this car where it needs to be fore aggresive daily driving.......but definitley not fast enough to put it ahead of any real sports cars. - t

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like how you put that TCrazy, i mean, the tc cant ever really be with a TRUE sports car, but with the S/C, Cai, Exhaust........that Really does put it in a different class, and who knows what other mods they will have out in a few months.........I think that it will almost drop us to the WRX level, what do you think about the Quarter mile time with the S/C?.............and do you think it is rea lly worth the 3000 dollars?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I would neeeeeeever pay 3000 bucks for something that will lower my gas mileage and decrese the longevity of my vehicle......especially something that only makes it a "faster"-slow car. If it was a fast car, and a supercharger was availible under warranty then sure, id go for it.......but the tC needs about 150hp to be competitive with fast cars. - t

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by Shep@Sep 12 2004, 10:25 AM
Hey Frostbyte, sry i dont remember what you said your name was, im Greg, from Orchard Park. Have you seen many TCs around?, i saw one by the galleria Mall a few days ago, first one that ive seen on the road though!, Get your exhaust yet??? hows does it ride with the new one?
Hey greg, the name is Rob, and yes I finally got my exhaust. We definitely need to meet up man. Drop my a PM and we'll arrange a time. I've seen two blue ones (one with a really ugly metal wing) and a flint mica one. Rumor has it that there is a girl driving one around here somewhere too... and from what I hear... she's HOTT! But about the SC, yeah it will make the tC faster, but definitely not WRX range... the WRX is AWD... a launching monster and its HP and torque would still far out shine that of the TC with a SC, but maybe something more along the lines of an old 90-99 eclipse turbo FWD or a neon SRT-4... maybe the srt-4 is pushing it (they're damn quick), but it will definitely put is in a ranking far above most other how should I say... "mild Imports"

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YEA, Good point...... never thought about the AWD haha...... yea we do have to meet up sometime for sure. haha ill be looking for that girl, where did you hear that from, the Dealer?- they dropped me off a nice coffee cup today......with a questioneer did you get one yet???

·
Registered
48 Posts
as far as hope for the Tc, there is alot out there.

my gole for the Tc is to be able to take on any civic's / Si's, prelude's miata's, mazda 3's, rsx's, jetta's (Turboed or not) ect. ultimatly i would like to make my Tc be able to take on my Ex's brotheres 6cyl firebird. and i truly don't thinkn that thatwill be too hard. alot of work, but not to hard to do. (on paper that is

·
Registered
48 Posts
hmm not to much activity on this thread.... sad

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
not yet at least, I think once more info is available, sparks will fly!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts