Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is another site to order LEDs for our car's interior lighting besides superbrightLEDs.com my order never arrived from them.

i searched but couldnt find anything.

Check newest post

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx, but i was actually asking more along the lines of LEDs for the dome lights and map lights and ish like that.

· Registered
1,373 Posts
Hrm... you paid them for bulbs and they never sent them? Did you try contacting them to see wtf is going on?

I was planning on ordering some from them soon, but not if they just take your money and run...

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Email Phil over at Oznium - he might be able to help you out with 'em.

I personally bought mine from SuperBrightLEDs... they got here just fine.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one of the guys in my cub ordered sum and they got to him in 3 days. i've heard varied times but "never" was not a time i expected. they are isssuing my money tomorrow. they were hard to get a hold of after things went wrong but after a threat or two they got to talking again. i really dont wanna go thru nobody else cuz they got good prices and loads of cool stuff but im afraid my ish will never get here!

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
superbrightleds.com finally came thru. it took a full month exactly but i got my interior lights. i installed them immediately and oh boy it looks wondermous in the blued out tC now. all i need is the gauges and HVAC done and that should be happening tomorrow. im tooooo excited! it changes the whole mood of the interior. its so me. sorry i dont have pics for all those who wanna see but i dont have a digital cam yet and my camera phone is gonna be pretty lame without the perfect lighting conditions for blue lights at night. i'll have one of the digital camera owners to take sum pics if i can for those who wont be sitting in my car after sundown in the near future. its slick as hell. looks like a club in my ish!! cheah! ok maybe im overly excited but u wait a month for sumthing that u wanted bad and we'll see how u act. HOLLA!

Edit: apparently my lights were misplaced in the "empty equipment" section of the warehouse they use to ship their merchandise so sumbody had to get there ass in gear and find my ish and then they overnighted it. it was found on 2/15 and got here today 2/16. so superbright will now be able to get my seal of approval since it wasnt their fault but the warehouse's. if ur ish takes to long on ur order just email them and put a little pressure on. they will apparently find out where they wee lost in transit and get them shipped out.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
At least they sucked it up and shipped it next day for you. That was nice of them.

· Registered
1,373 Posts
Ordered on the 17th, got them on the 21st. I guess the Bear just had a rare bad experience with superbrightleds.com.

Eric, what sizes did you get for the rear dome and cargo area (if you went for these)? I mentioned in another thread that the rear dome light (3022 4-LED festoon bulb) was a bit large for the rear dome light, but it fit, barely... I don't think I can get it to fit at all in the cargo area without bending the metal prongs that hold it in place. I think it's just the wrong size, perhaps for both of those housings.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i agree. i think the festoon bulb was a bit too long. mine is in crooked and after getting afraid i'd shock myself i just slid it in and closed ish up while i saw it was working. doubt i'll change the hatch area light tho. i need white light in there. maybe i'll get a super white festoon for that but i probably wont. it all came out good tho. Seeeee!!!!! u cant see the blue cubby or the rear dome but u get the idea.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
The festoon bulb fit just fine in my car... It's a LITTLE bit larger than the stock bulb, but it fits no problem.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
I had the same thing with mine. I got it to fit though. Wasn't a big deal.

· ex-06'er
1,116 Posts
That whole interior looks great. The LEDs at the bottom aren't my thing but it all matches well together. Where'd ya get the gauges and center console done, and how much did it cost ya?

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
didnt cost a thing! thankfully my boy who is also my tC club member did the gauges in turn for me washing his car and putting his g-games back on his car since winter is drawing to a close and he had broken his arm. i DID pay 45 bucks for the gauge LEDs + HVAC LEDs tho. but thats the price for the LEDs alone. he hasnt done the HVAC yet since its more involved but its coming very soon. we just ran out of time since we got done with everything at 2 in the morning and were preparing for a show in the morning.

· ex-06'er
1,116 Posts
Cool - how much would it normally cost (estimate)? I really like the blue look and the stock amber is bleh, but have zero technical skills to pull it off myself.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.