Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you buy a tC now and order the SC to finance it? Or do you have to pay cash when it comes out in November?

Also, did you all hear about the stage 2 upgrade for 260 hp coming out in the spring? Also rumored is a stage 3 with valve and piston upgrades

More info... http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20289

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Thats my dealer!!!! The one from Chattanooga, TN. He is an awesome guy but he would be much cooler if he could get my tC in. The stage upgrades are making me drool all over my office keyboard.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
could the stage upgrades be done after the tc is bought? or does it have to be factory installed when you order it?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
i would assume that can will be available for already purchased tCs. it wouldn't make sense to exclude already sold tCs and alienate some of the customer base.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well assuming the price stays ay 3500 for the stage one including install, thats not too shabby! I am going to assume that most S/C are going to have AFR tronics to manage the system? or is all tuning data going straight from the EPROM? no tweaking allowed?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
whosthatrussian - all those accessories are done at the dealer. The Factory only installs the transmission, color, and side airbags. EVERYTHING else you see listed as "tC Accessories" are done at the dealership whenever you want.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
zygote - i know that part, I just don't know what stage one, stage two stage three is. I thought they might be factory options, kinda like different trim levels, even though I know this car is monospec. Could someone elaborate on the "stages" and what they mean/include?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by SHAGGY@Jul 20 2004, 10:39 PM
Can you buy a tC now and order the SC to finance it? Or do you have to pay cash when it comes out in November?
not right now, as there is still no firm price on the s/c to figure in. damn shame, too. they would have moved a bunch of them by now if it was available.

·
Registered
502 Posts
So the stage 2 is just an upgrade on the original s/c? Anyone have an idea on the cost of the upgrade?

·
Registered
1 Posts
this is the deal...if you buy the tc with the s/c u get the same 5yr 60,000 mi warranty...

if u buy it then upgrade the s/c, then the s/c only has a 1yr warranty

·
Registered
54 Posts
The sc has 1 year if you install, same as factory if installed by dealer.

Are there any pulley upgrades on the horizon?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by sarsipius@Jul 23 2004, 07:19 AM
The sc has 1 year if you install, same as factory if installed by dealer.

Are there any pulley upgrades on the horizon?
yes, there are stages (ala Neon SRT) planned for the TC with the final stage rumored to be a piston/valve upgrade for major HP gains. We shall see....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would stage 2 or 3 be covered under the factory warrenty?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts