Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I am having more problems with the sunroof now. It still creaks and sounds weird when going over a bump like the glass is flexing and rattles like crazy while I drive it but that I am working on getting fixed

Now I can open it up and go driving well I go to close it and it will close partially, hit the button again to close it the rest of the way and it stops and opens up all the way again, like something is blocking it. Now I was at a dead stop so I know it wasn't anyair.

Just wondering if anybody else had this problem or if they knew of a quick fix. Batteries haven't been unplugged lately. I tried to search and didn't find anything on this problem.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Gets stuck in a part other than the normal area? From the factory, it will close about 80% with the first push of the button. You have to let out and push the button again to close it the rest of the way.

(judging by your post count, I bet you knew that already though)

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Thank God I have no problems with creaks or anything on my '06

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
My creaks were caused by the lack of lubrication on the hinges of the air deflector. Sudden stop and re-open is also caused by lack of grease - this time on the rails that hold the deflector - when it gets "too hard" for the sunroof to close it thinks it hit somebody's head and opens back up

Constant rattle sounds like it should be fixed by the Toyco TSB.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll try the whole lube on the rails thing and see if that works. My windshield got hit by a rock today and so gotta get that filled in too.

thanks for the input

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I popped out both of the rails, cleaned and lubed them; and all my sunroof noises disappeared. I also put Loctite 242 on the little screws holding the rails in as it says in the TSB.

·
Registered
539 Posts
this sucks...I own an 06 scion tC and it had the same problems (as in closing and reopening etc.)...and for 06 scion tC's, mine has the same 05 sunroof problems...and for some reason when I close my sunroof all the way and go past 50 mph, it whistles and the air leaks....can someone explain what I can do for this?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Originally posted by bLAziN_ChEnGy@Oct 22 2005, 11:19 PM
this sucks...I own an 06 scion tC and it had the same problems (as in closing and reopening etc.)...and for 06 scion tC's, mine has the same 05 sunroof problems...and for some reason when I close my sunroof all the way and go past 50 mph, it whistles and the air leaks....can someone explain what I can do for this?
Take it to the dealership. That's why you bought a new car, so you wouldn't have to worry about fixing stuff yourself
It sounds like your weatherstrip is bad, or the roof is misaligned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.