Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One day I was cruzing to work on the hwy doing bout 90 in a 40, sparked up a smoke, and hit the sunroof switch.

BAMN!

some #### sounds like it just broke. I was so f**king pissed. So, I pulled over to the side of the road to check for damage. Everything is still in one piece but I noticed in the closed position the sunroof dosen't fully close all the way down and when im driving air leaks in and sounds like a freaking wind tunnel inside the car.

So, I called the dealership the next day to see what the deal is and set an apt. right away, that same day. So, I go to the dealership, (WILDE TOYOTA, MILWAUKEE WI) great guys, and pull into the service and one of the managers spots the 1/4 inch space in between the sunroof & the car right away, and they took it back to the shop to check it. Anyways, about 3 hours later, they come and get me and I was tired as hell from waiting so long. But its all good, they fixed the space and now it closes all the way down again! Thank god. He was asking me questions about if i was tampering or took the battery out, and I told him 'No not at all'. He then told me that some how that the sunroof set it self at a higher position due to battery being disconected or something. The tecs had to reset it 3 different times just to get it perfectly flush. I dont even know, I thought that I might had done something wrong when I opened it, because it was freezing and snowing out ....but if thats what he says, I'm just happy it works! So, moral of the story is be careful in low temps opening the badboy up..and or when replacing batteries. Well, thats my story, thanks for reading, please post your comments.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
That sucks...well at least your dealership ppl could figure out the problem and fix it, and from what I can tell, you were happy with their service dept. I haven't had any problems like that yet, but I know i'll be pissed when i do.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, doing 90, having the temp low and opening up the sunroof prolly wasnt the best thing to do. I just hit it one time, so it opened it vertically. Not all the way back. I'll have to scan over the manual again when i get off of work u might be right.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Maybe he was on a road where the speed limit was 90! You didn't think of that, did you?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Given that there exists no such road in the U.S., I tend to doubt it...although there are no speed limits in some places in Montana, last I heard.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Originally posted by Azrael@Feb 16 2005, 08:16 AM
Maybe he was on a road where the speed limit was 90! You didn't think of that, did you?
Given that he wrote "One day I was cruzing to work on the hwy doing bout 90 in a 40," I used my powers of deductive reasoning to determine that he was speeding.

Reading is fundamental.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.