Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proud owner of a 2005 TC. Recently took the car through a wash and noticed water leaking in from the roof on the passenger side and causing the trim to soak. I took it to a glass place thinking it may have been a clogged drainage tube but they couldn't even find the drain holes. Does this car even have drainage holes, or do I need a particular part of the weather stripping replaced?

·
Registered
2007 Scion TC 2.4L automatic
20 Posts
Remove entire headliner.

Remove sun/moon glass (may need help/assistance) be ready glass panel will fall. Replace the weather strip (If removing entire sun/moon assembly).

If not, just check for drain tubes at sun/moon roof assembly.

While headliner removed clear/clean out rails/track of debris.

Remove the rubber drain tubes. Check for cracks. Replace with new ones. If still in good condition, take a long weed/eater whacker line & use that as a pipe cleaner. Can also use compressed air.

Reinstall rubber drain hoses onto sun/moon roof assembly.

Leave headliner off. Check for water leaks with garden hose or at a carwash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 2007 tC with the panoramic sunroof. Experiencing water leak on the drivers side. Seems to be leaking in where the A Piller cover and the headliner meet.

I can’t locate the the drain holes, I’m guessing they are below the surround cover. how do I get to the drain tubes to see if their is debris causing the problem?

I am also wondering if maybe the drain tube may be cracked causing the leak.

I’ve considering dropping the front of the head liner and pulling off the A Piller cover to hopefully expose the drain tube.
Am I on the right track? Any advice?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts