Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was driving this moring and for the first time i hear wind noise coming from the sunroof . I check and it was closed .. I opend it and then closed it again and still wind noise . has anyone else had this problem . if it happends again im going to call the dealer . It is really annoying hear wind .

· Registered
6,498 Posts
I don't know about you, but I've never been in a car with a sunroof that didn't have wind noise. I guess it depends how much noise we're talking about.

· Registered
662 Posts
He meant when it was closed all the way. And yes i have expirenced it and i'll tell you that in a month your moonroof will start to rattle depending on the roads you drive.

· Registered
6,498 Posts
^^^ I also meant with the sunroof closed. If you hadn't noticed, there is wind noise in most cars from the windows, when they are closed, at higher speeds. The sunroof is no different.

· Registered
1,686 Posts
when i close my roof, i hear a metal ratteling... this is at a speed of zero mph.... im thinking it just may need some grease... any one else have any ideas?

· Registered
662 Posts
basilisk4 i don't mena to argue, but i think he is talking about a different thing or maybe i'm thinking of different thing. The issue that i had on my car was that i was hearing a noise from the moonroof. It was like whistling, but after a while it stopped. Then later on it started to rattle and still does until i got to the dealer and get it fixed.

· Registered
14 Posts
My Tc is 6 months and I have no wind noise...I do however have alot of popping noises when I turn...the dealer has tightened the bolts once and that helped for awhile but the sounds are back again. The sunroof pull-visor is also messed up and buckles when i pull it closed like it has been stretched...

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by dmksaved@Jun 16 2005, 03:15 PM
so i was driving this moring and for the first time i hear wind noise coming from the sunroof . I check and it was closed .. I opend it and then closed it again and still wind noise . has anyone else had this problem . if it happends again im going to call the dealer . It is really annoying hear wind .
i took my tc to the dealer on monday afternoon to get the moon roof checked because of the wind noises . the moonroof was out of alinement so they just had to realine and make minor adjustments and it is fine now .

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by dmksaved+Jun 21 2005, 07:05 PM-->QUOTE (dmksaved @ Jun 21 2005, 07:05 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-dmksaved
@Jun 16 2005, 03:15 PM
so i was driving this moring and for the first time i hear wind noise coming from the sunroof . I check and it was closed ..  I opend it and then closed it again and still wind noise .  has anyone else had this problem .  if it happends again im going to call the dealer .  It is really annoying hear wind .
i took my tc to the dealer on monday afternoon to get the moon roof checked because of the wind noises . the moonroof was out of alinement so they just had to realine and make minor adjustments and it is fine now . [/b]
WELL THE PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED , THE SUNROOF WIND NOISES WERE FIXED BUT NOW ITS MAKING NOISES AGAIN !! ARGGG.. so i called the dealer and the only time i can do it is when im off work so i have to drop it off . What a Pain in the but ! ... so there going to look at it thurs.

· Registered
262 Posts
here is a solution to the noise problem. play your music really freakin loud and you wont hear any noises ^___^ kthx

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by thischick@Jun 28 2005, 01:17 PM
here is a solution to the noise problem. play your music really freakin loud and you wont hear any noises ^___^ kthx
somtimes playing my music freaky loud gives me a headach after work , I do play freakin loud though , at the time i wanted som peace a quite in the car, so the wind noise really annoyed me then .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.