Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sunroof wont close or open all the way. right now, only one side is closed and the other side is open (to position 1 so the front end is closed but the back end is up). last night neither side would close and it wouldnt open all the way. a week ago it would close but not open all the way. i think the "freezing" weather in alabama messed up the gears but not sure.

i havent taken it to the dealer because the nearest one is an hour away.

anyone else have this problem especially where its really freezing and not 'morning ice and 50 the rest of the day' freezing? is there a manual way to close with or without force because it rains a lot here

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Did you disconnect your battery recently? I know that you need to reset your windows and sunroof when you disconnect the battery. Read the article on the ystc home page about that. As far as cold weather making the sunroof not work. I haven't had a problem this winter and we just got 17" of snow this past weekend. I wish I could help more, but this is all I've got to offer.

·
Registered
213 Posts
the sunroof on my 05 worked fine for a bit until it started doing this thing where it would go to close, think it bumped something and open again. only way i could close it was to manually lower the deflector. but that sounds totally unrelated to your problem so not much help to you.. ... i've forgotten my point... good luck with your sunroof!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Originally posted by tCXGreek@Mar 18 2006, 04:58 PM
the sunroof on my 05 worked fine for a bit until it started doing this thing where it would go to close, think it bumped something and open again. only way i could close it was to manually lower the deflector. but that sounds totally unrelated to your problem so not much help to you.. ... i've forgotten my point... good luck with your sunroof!
That happens to me about once a week and I found that tapping the close button and moving the sunroof forward inch by inch until it passes a certain point works too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.